Do you have to be attractive to become a lawyer? Watch

harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Oh well I still state its a good bonus to have. I wouldnt completely dismiss its value.

So back to the question:
Do you have to be attractive to be a lawyer? No.

Will it help ? All things being equal, then yes, although things are rarely equal and the ways in which it helps may be more subtle and diverse. Cant see why people should dismiss it totally.

Should you have a nose job? In most cases no because that smacks of insecurity, but your money and body so you decide.
I actually agree it's a good bonus to have, I was being a bit flippant since studies show that good looking people are more likely to be offered jobs over non good looking applicants if they have the same qualifications. OP won't need a nose job to become a lawyer but I suspect has other reasons for wanting one that are linked to self confidence
Anagogic
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Apparently not, https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...t-job-16162281
999tigger
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
I actually agree it's a good bonus to have, I was being a bit flippant since studies show that good looking people are more likely to be offered jobs over non good looking applicants if they have the same qualifications. OP won't need a nose job to become a lawyer but I suspect has other reasons for wanting one that are linked to self confidence
I just think some of the answers are a bit narrow minded.
I agree OP has other issues and some of the reason for a nose job are personal rather than career wise. In some cultures surgery is a lot more acceptable and a lot less of a fuss. Time would be better spent in understanding the path to making the jump and how she was going to manage it.
LostLioness
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Shhhhh.....

Just goes to show, no one is irreplaceable.

When my daughter did her GDL she was hoping to meet lots of hot young lawyers. Needless to say, she was disappointed and not only by her lack of a training contract. You don't have to be attractive to become a lawyer, her blonde highlights and hourglass figure were completely wasted on recruiters who were apparently more interested in academic credentials :rolleyes:
I am an actual idiot, I thought J-SP had deactivated their account. I was hoping to rely on the user quite a bit, lost souls need guidance.
To the text in bold: Your daughter thinks just like me. kidding lol. No hot lawyer could supersede the beauty of George's visage. Are you sick of hearing his name yet? I plan on spreading it on TSR, so that the weirdo who called me a 'parrot' gets annoyed. The one with crude sense of humour.

Plenty are replaceable, though I begin to fear no one could entertain me like do.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What a narcissist
(Original post by LostLioness)
To the text in bold: Your daughter thinks just like me. kidding lol. No hot lawyer could supersede the beauty of George's visage. Are you sick of hearing his name yet? I plan on spreading it on TSR, so that the weirdo who called me a 'parrot' gets annoyed. The one with crude sense of humour.

Plenty are replaceable, though I begin to fear no one could entertain me like do.
George would look good in a suit don't you think? His Birthday suit :rofl:
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Harrys your daughter sounds like a blonde version of Jamie tbh
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Well, that's a good thing
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What a narcissist

George would look good in a suit don't you think? His Birthday suit :rofl:
In response to your second sentence, you tempt me one more time and I will jump out of the window.
Last edited by LostLioness; 6 days ago
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Shhhhh.....

Just goes to show, no one is irreplaceable.

When my daughter did her GDL she was hoping to meet lots of hot young lawyers. Needless to say, she was disappointed and not only by her lack of a training contract. You don't have to be attractive to become a lawyer, her blonde highlights and hourglass figure were completely wasted on recruiters who were apparently more interested in academic credentials :rolleyes:
Have academics and a cracking rack, and it's straight on to the 300k a year and senior-associate track.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
She looks a clip; face like melted plastic. Seems she's keeping the name of her uni well hidden (according to Legal Cheek).
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I am not so sure, think I prefer him shirtless. Last night, I abused the replay button on my laptop just to see him walking around in red light again and again. I have it bad.
In response to your second sentence, you tempt me one more time and I will jump out of the window.
Listen, we need to continue this conversation on another thread, the one that is very hush hush. This might surprise you, but not everyone on TSR considers me the intellectual powerhouse that you know me to be, and I don't want to give the Law boys any further cause to question my capacity to speak sense
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What country are you from USA Brazil? The most important thing is how good you are at the job.
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What conversation, my dear? I just came back from school to discover my sister using this TSR account. The filth I have had to read, quite heart-wrenching I must admit! To think someone could be so shamelessly vulgar! My eyes!

Ah well, yes I shall see you on the other side, where even superior intellectual discussions are held.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What conversation, my dear? I just came back from school to discover my sister using this TSR account. The filth I have had to read, quite heart-wrenching I must admit! To think someone could be so shamelessly vulgar! My eyes!

Ah well, yes I shall see you on the other side, where even superior intellectual discussions are held.
Oh my dear how awful for you to witness her degradation
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
She has defamed me horribly, now no one will ever want to help me!

On a more serious note, sorry for spamming this thread everyone. I will leave now and allow the knowledgeable to debate.
Oh my dear how awful for you to witness her degradation
tenacity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Rich coming from the guy who’s compiled his own list for the hottest 2019 city intake and all the “big titters”. 🙄
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anagogic
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
She looks a clip; face like melted plastic. Seems she's keeping the name of her uni well hidden (according to Legal Cheek).
That's what happens when you read law, you end up delusional.
KiwiBanana22
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Sad fact that good looks will get a woman over the line into the job if there isn't much to separate two candidates. Depending on who is interviewing though, it could be the one with the big tits who gets the gig. Looks matter, oh yes they do. It is not all about education and qualifications. Other assets include knowing the right people, knowing what to say to the right people and being a master manipulator. All this applies to work generally, not just law.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Lady Jamie)
Rich coming from the guy who’s compiled his own list for the hottest 2019 city intake and all the “big titters”. 🙄
Big titters.....I like that!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (122)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.29%
No I am happy with my course choice (352)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.74%

Watched Threads