Young carers at university Watch

HobbinsE
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I’m starting university in September and the University of Bristol. It’s a 2 and a half hour train journey home which doesn’t bother me but is going be £40-50 even time I go home. I was wondering if there’s any other young carers on here who have any advice on how to deal with being a young carer at university? Things like budgeting to get home more and missing social events to go home more often than other students. Also coping with the worrying about the person I care for.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HobbinsE)
So I’m starting university in September and the University of Bristol. It’s a 2 and a half hour train journey home which doesn’t bother me but is going be £40-50 even time I go home. I was wondering if there’s any other young carers on here who have any advice on how to deal with being a young carer at university? Things like budgeting to get home more and missing social events to go home more often than other students. Also coping with the worrying about the person I care for.
It looks like their specific bursary to help with this is now closed for 2019/20 http://www.bristol.ac.uk/fees-fundin...ender-bursary/

It might be worth contacting them and asking if there is any other similar support or whether they would accept late applications
HobbinsE
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
It looks like their specific bursary to help with this is now closed for 2019/20 http://www.bristol.ac.uk/fees-fundin...ender-bursary/

It might be worth contacting them and asking if there is any other similar support or whether they would accept late applications
I applied for that and didn’t get it as there’s only limited funds.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.46%
No I am happy with my course choice (455)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.86%

Watched Threads