Did I go through puberty later than others? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am in my late teens now and I was just curious to know whether I went through a later puberty than what's considered average. I am currently 18, my voice broke (got fairly deeper) a short while after I turned 16. I started to get facial hair around the time of turning 17. I just wanted to know whether this confirms my suspicions that I went through a puberty that was later than what's considered average by about a 1.5/2 years.
Anonymous #1
Anyone?
threeportdrift
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am in my late teens now and I was just curious to know whether I went through a later puberty than what's considered average. I am currently 18, my voice broke (got fairly deeper) a short while after I turned 16. I started to get facial hair around the time of turning 17. I just wanted to know whether this confirms my suspicions that I went through a puberty that was later than what's considered average by about a 1.5/2 years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puberty
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Later than the average but nothing is wrong with that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kathy89)
Later than the average but nothing is wrong with that.
Thanks for the reply, seeing as i have never had any significant or noticeable growth spurt, is there a fair chance that I could be done growing a few years later than average too?
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks for the reply, seeing as i have never had any significant or noticeable growth spurt, is there a fair chance that I could be done growing a few years later than average too?
Theoretically you can grow until you are about 25...xd
I grew 1cm between 16 and 18. (I am a girl)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.94%
No I am happy with my course choice (488)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.49%

Watched Threads