Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tvshowaddict2112)
which is seen as better:

- combined honours degree

or

- single honour degree
It depends on which subjects you plan to combine, and what you want to do with a degree (i.e. career aspirations).
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
which is seen as better:

- combined honours degree

or

- single honour degree
Completely depends on the subject and university. If you are studying 2 completely different subjects, some employers may say 'wow how challenging' and others may think you are indecisive. It's more up to you because you will be the one doing them for at least 3 years.
tvshowaddict2112
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I want to do special educational needs and social care at liverpool hope university.

do you think this is a good idea?

does anyone know what it is like there?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by tvshowaddict2112; 1 week ago
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I want to do special educational needs and social care at liverpool hope university.

do you think this is a good idea?

does anyone know what it is like there?
Those are two well-related subject areas, so I don't see why it should be a problem (as long as you can perform equally well in both). It depends on how relevant the degree is to your future work - if it is and will get you the job(s) you want, great.

I went to see Liverpool Hope on an open day a couple of years ago. It's a bit out of the way of the main hub of the city compared to Liverpool University, but I guess it depends on whether you want to live at the centre of things or in a more suburban area.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi tvshowaddict2112

It is great that you are interested in studying with us!

Our combined degree of Special Educational Needs and Social Care gives you knowledge of two different subject areas.

Within SEN you will look at topics such as the history of disability, cultural and media representation and influences that shape the lives of those with disabilities. Additionally, you will study the education of disabled children and studied how the SEN code of Practice also shapes the experiences of education. You can read about the full curriculum here.

For the Social Care aspect of the course, curriculum content will develop your knowledge and understanding of Social Care through an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approach. You will develop a critical approach to a range of social care discourses.The Department has strong links with a range of individuals and organisations in the field. The Social Care team build on these relationships to create a research informed, evidence-based practice approach to learning. You can read about the full curriculum here

If you have any further questions feel free to PM us. We can also offer academic meetings (subject to availability) and campus tours if you wish to come to our campus.

I hope this helps
Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.7%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.56%
No I am happy with my course choice (456)
58.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.82%

Watched Threads