New teacher ... please help! Watch

Djdjdas
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I was short on money and I decided to be a private tutor and teach little kids english and my neighbor doesn't know anything in english brought her kids for classes and her kids are in the age of 7 and 9 .... her son wants to learn however he hates writing and sitting in a class room ... so I had an idea and I wanted to share it with you to see your opinion on it ..... so in my class room this is how I teach them .... first when they come to the class I ask them how is their day and have a little conversation with them then I revise with them what we
took in the pervious class then I start the actually class I teach them something then turn it into a game and then give them homework to write it down and learn it however I give them the exam in the end of the month.
For examples I teach them "up down right left" make them write that in their note book then take them outside and place pictures of different countries and I make them run random and tell them freeze and then I make one of them narrate the other to the place he wants to travel to then when they reach I make them spell and we play for sometime then I give them a worksheet that's says I wanna travel to and the places that we had on the game ....
What do you think of this method ... would you pay for your kids to study this way

Ps her kids can't speak English they just starting to learn
Last edited by Djdjdas; 1 week ago
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Djdjdas)
So I was short on money and I decided to be a private tutor and teach little kids english and my neighbor doesn't know anything in english brought her kids for classes and her kids are in the age of 7 and 9 .... her son wants to learn however he hates writing and sitting in a class room ... so I had an idea and I wanted to share it with you to see your opinion on it ..... so in my class room this is how I teach them .... first when they come to the class I ask them how is their day and have a little conversation with them then I revise with them what we
took in the pervious class then I start the actually class I teach them something then turn it into a game and then give them homework to write it down and learn it however I give them the exam in the end of the month.
For examples I teach them "up down right left" make them write that in their note book then take them outside and place pictures of different countries and I make them run random and tell them freeze and then I make one of them narrate the other to the place he wants to travel to then when they reach I make them spell and we play for sometime then I give them a worksheet that's says I wanna travel to and the places that we had on the game ....
What do you think of this method ... would you pay for your kids to study this way

Ps her kids can't speak English they just starting to learn
This all sounds great to me. Though the only way you'll know if it works is through testing it out.
And every child is different so you may find that it will work for your neighbour's children but not for others (or vice versa).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (148)
17.54%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.89%
No I am happy with my course choice (500)
59.24%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.34%

Watched Threads