Real Help Needed!!!!! Watch

kaiag
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've got my dofe gold final next week But two weeks ago I had a hernia operation. The advice says avoid strenuous activities for at least 4 weeks but I feel fine. What should I do??? Thanks
morebless14
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I completed my gold dofe expedition a few weeks ago, and I noticed that the people who were injured didn’t do the qualifying with my school but they are still doing it just with another school. The company you do it with should understand and try to make rearrangements as you have likely paid already
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
kaiag
Rep:
?
Thank you but I'm not doing it with a company. Do you think my school will make other arrangements? Thanks
(Original post by morebless14)
Hi I completed my gold dofe expedition a few weeks ago, and I noticed that the people who were injured didn’t do the qualifying with my school but they are still doing it just with another school. The company you do it with should understand and try to make rearrangements as you have likely paid already
SarahL&LL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi
I am a DofE assessor. First, check with your Doctor that you are fit and well enough to walk the distance you intend to. Second, speak to your DofE leader and ask them to fill in a Variation Form for the assessor excusing you from carrying any group kit. Third, ask you team to help you by sharing the load and carrying some of your kit for you (in return for you doing something nice for them) maybe cook dinner on the first night ! Hope this helps
Sarah
kaiag
Rep:
?
Hi Sarah,

Do you think my school could make other arrangements if I can't go next week. Thank you
(Original post by SarahL&LL)
Hi
I am a DofE assessor. First, check with your Doctor that you are fit and well enough to walk the distance you intend to. Second, speak to your DofE leader and ask them to fill in a Variation Form for the assessor excusing you from carrying any group kit. Third, ask you team to help you by sharing the load and carrying some of your kit for you (in return for you doing something nice for them) maybe cook dinner on the first night ! Hope this helps
Sarah
SarahL&LL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They might let you join next years Gold Group or you could find an alternative exped to join here:

https://www.dofe.org/opportunity-fin...e-participant/

Sarah

(Original post by kaiag)
Hi Sarah,

Do you think my school could make other arrangements if I can't go next week. Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads