Question about tiers. Watch

EthanH276
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I was told in Maths I will be doing Foundation tier, is that bad?
PetitePanda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's not bad because it's much easier for you to get a 5 but it's limited as you can only get 5 at the highest.
EthanH276
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
It's not bad because it's much easier for you to get a 5 but it's limited as you can only get 5 at the highest.
I was told it was really bad, would it be possible if I revise the hell out of maths is there a chance I can tier up, also is a 5 bad?
PetitePanda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes you can but it'll only be evidence for your teacher; only your teacher can make the decision go into higher so you have to ask and persuade. 5's not bad but since it's a pass, it's not really appealing but it's still a high pass. It does limit your sixth form options but not many.
(Original post by EthanH276)
I was told it was really bad, would it be possible if I revise the hell out of maths is there a chance I can tier up, also is a 5 bad?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If your teachers thought you were capable of doing well at higher tier they would not have decided to enter you for foundation. They have done so because based on your performance to date it looks like the best chance for you to achieve a pass at GCSE (a grade 4). A 4 or 5 at GCSE is a pas, it is only 'bad' if you need a higher grade to be allowed to study what you want to in sixth form or college.
(Original post by EthanH276)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate