University of Birmingham MSc Computer Science 2:2? Watch

OnceAToaster
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi guys,

On the course page for the MSc, it states that applicants are welcome with a 2:2, I'm just wondering if anyone here has, or knows anyone that has, been accepted onto the course with a 2:2?

If it makes a difference, it's a 2:2 in Biology, and I've been trying to self-learn web dev fundementals the past year, and finished a free open course on Java - the language that most assessments will be in - from the University of Helsinki.

I know that a higher classification degree would likely be much more valued than the hard to demonstrate 'passion' I have in the subject area, so yeah - rambling aside - has anyone got an offer with a 2:2?

Thanks!
Nicole14510
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by OnceAToaster)
Hi guys,

On the course page for the MSc, it states that applicants are welcome with a 2:2, I'm just wondering if anyone here has, or knows anyone that has, been accepted onto the course with a 2:2?

If it makes a difference, it's a 2:2 in Biology, and I've been trying to self-learn web dev fundementals the past year, and finished a free open course on Java - the language that most assessments will be in - from the University of Helsinki.

I know that a higher classification degree would likely be much more valued than the hard to demonstrate 'passion' I have in the subject area, so yeah - rambling aside - has anyone got an offer with a 2:2?

Thanks!
I don’t know anyone who has applied for this course, but I know similar courses that have accepted 2:2 candidates.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.54%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.11%

Watched Threads