Help please! Law, nursing or drama school Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So recently I’ve been told to start looking at universities and what courses for next year, my parents mainly my dad are quite strict, he says I need to follow in my older sisters footsteps because she’s currently at University of Glasgow studying Spanish and business management and I obviously don’t want to follow in her footsteps and it’s a bit tricky because I’m really interested in pursuing a career in drama so I was thinking about the royal conservatoire of Scotland but I’m also really interested in medicine which is a totally different agenda, I have the right entry requirements for nursing studies at the Glasgow Caledonian university and I’m also really interested in law which again is totally different from my other interests.

My dad doesn’t really want me doing nursing because he’s always hated nursing and medicine and he wants me doing something that gets me a lot of money, which I guess a lot of parents want for they’re children but he doesn’t want me doing something I’m interested in he really just want me to think about money, so I’m in a bit of a tricky situation in deciding what I want to do.

Any feedback or any advice from past experiences or what you think is the best idea for my would be really helpful!
Thanks.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So recently I’ve been told to start looking at universities and what courses for next year, my parents mainly my dad are quite strict, he says I need to follow in my older sisters footsteps because she’s currently at University of Glasgow studying Spanish and business management and I obviously don’t want to follow in her footsteps and it’s a bit tricky because I’m really interested in pursuing a career in drama so I was thinking about the royal conservatoire of Scotland but I’m also really interested in medicine which is a totally different agenda, I have the right entry requirements for nursing studies at the Glasgow Caledonian university and I’m also really interested in law which again is totally different from my other interests.

My dad doesn’t really want me doing nursing because he’s always hated nursing and medicine and he wants me doing something that gets me a lot of money, which I guess a lot of parents want for they’re children but he doesn’t want me doing something I’m interested in he really just want me to think about money, so I’m in a bit of a tricky situation in deciding what I want to do.

Any feedback or any advice from past experiences or what you think is the best idea for my would be really helpful!
Thanks.
get some experience in nursing and law to help your decision and show your dad the predicted salary for each degree and perhaps have a mature conversation with him about money isn't your main motivation in life
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
You'll fail if you chase after money. Let money chase after you. Also is he going to university??

You're the one going to university. You decide.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.77%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.47%
No I am happy with my course choice (454)
58.88%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.88%

Watched Threads