what are they?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by twinklebear)
what are they?
you'd get independence mainly, there's a few life skills that you only get from moving out, it can easier to learn that at uni because you won't be getting into your first graduate job at the same time.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by twinklebear)
what are they?
Hello there,

As mentioned above you will still gain some very key life and personal skills. You would for example be cooking for yourself and if you choose to, doing your own laundry. It will also be beneficial as you will learn how to live away from home. The positive of being in the same city is that you will be able to easily get home if you need or want to.

You will also be able to meet new people and friends by living in the same halls or flat as them.
If your thinking about getting a job at university on campus it can also be a benefit as you will be closer to your room. :run:

Finally if you work better away from your home it can also aid your studies by having your own space to do work or being close to the university library.

I hope this helps,
Tom :bird:
S1elyak1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I moved out for my masters but did it in my home city. I just wanted to be nearer to the university and thought it would be the best way to make new friends. Where my parents lived was around 45 minutes away from my university and I did not want to live so far away. I also thought that when it came to getting up for 9am lectures that I would not want to have to wake up so early. You gain a lot of independence from moving out of your family home even if it's still in the same city. if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.77%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.47%
No I am happy with my course choice (454)
58.88%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.88%

Watched Threads