Medicine Watch

ullasj0002
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Do you think 4 grade 8's, 5 Grade 7's, 1 Grade 6 and 1 Grade 4 would be enough to get into Med school? I'm also considering a foundation year so please tell me what you think.

8 - Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Computer Science
7 - Maths, RE, Geography, English Literature and English Language.
6 - DT
4- Spanish

Thanks
Examsareoversoon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Some medical schools require at least 7 As/7s, and you have this, so your grades are sufficient for most. You also have at least 7s in all sciences, maths and English, so should meet pretty much all (if not all) medical school's requirements. Although your grades are excellent, I think you have slightly less than the average medicine applicant's number of A*s/8s at GCSE, so you would be probably best to avoid very GCSE heavy medical schools, such as Birmingham and Nottingham. However, with a decent UCAT score you could easily offset this.

As long as by the time you apply your are on track to achieve at least AAA in A levels, you don't need to be considering foundation years yet.
(Original post by ullasj0002)
Do you think 4 grade 8's, 5 Grade 7's, 1 Grade 6 and 1 Grade 4 would be enough to get into Med school? I'm also considering a foundation year so please tell me what you think.

8 - Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Computer Science
7 - Maths, RE, Geography, English Literature and English Language.
6 - DT
4- Spanish

Thanks
ullasj0002
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thank you
(Original post by Examsareoversoon)
Some medical schools require at least 7 As/7s, and you have this, so your grades are sufficient for most. You also have at least 7s in all sciences, maths and English, so should meet pretty much all (if not all) medical school's requirements. Although your grades are excellent, I think you have slightly less than the average medicine applicant's number of A*s/8s at GCSE, so you would be probably best to avoid very GCSE heavy medical schools, such as Birmingham and Nottingham. However, with a decent UCAT score you could easily offset this.

As long as by the time you apply your are on track to achieve at least AAA in A levels, you don't need to be considering foundation years yet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate