Self harm scars Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The best way to cover up raised but healed self harm scars? As its summer and the weather is getting increasingly warmer I physically can’t keep wearing long sleeve tops anymore. Any suggestions?
Spanx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was looking this up the other day for a friend of mine...not sure there are any easy answers or quick fixes but it depends on the level of scarring.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/keloid-scars/

Hopefully yours aren't that bad and vitamin E cream or bio oil might help...good luck with it and hope you get to enjoy the summer!

🌻🌞
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
tattoo. go big or go home
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by tesconyc; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
they’re expensive
(Original post by tesconyc)
tattoo. go big or go home
FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't know I just stopped caring if people see it or not anymore-but it took time for me to get that confidence.Before used to just put up with the suffering of long sleeves.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I used a foundation called dermacol (not SH scars, but a scar that I got in an accident). It can't do much for it being raised, but it can blend brilliantly .
goldilocks12
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bio oil helps to clear up scars but I’ve only seen it used on newly healed scars. Make sure you don’t use it on broken skin though because it won’t help!
Anonymous #1
Thank you but I can’t see biooil doing much as they are healed and just white
(Original post by goldilocks12)
Bio oil helps to clear up scars but I’ve only seen it used on newly healed scars. Make sure you don’t use it on broken skin though because it won’t help!
Anonymous #1
I was thinking about this does it cover it completely though?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
I used a foundation called dermacol (not SH scars, but a scar that I got in an accident). It can't do much for it being raised, but it can blend brilliantly .
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was thinking about this does it cover it completely though?
Yes it can mask the colour of the scar completely, and if you can get a foundation that matches your skin perfectly the results are stunning. It can't do anything for the raised-ness of it unfortunately, but it will at the very least make it a lot less noticeable.
istanden
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
as much as it is scary at first, the only thing that will work long term is learning to just have them uncovered. it will get easier to do so. after a while you stop thinking about it!
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
same. wear short sleeves at school and only my close friends have ever mentioned anything about it.
(Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
I don't know I just stopped caring if people see it or not anymore-but it took time for me to get that confidence.Before used to just put up with the suffering of long sleeves.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (153)
17.81%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.73%
No I am happy with my course choice (507)
59.02%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (124)
14.44%

Watched Threads