The Student Room Group

Losing erection during intercourse

Dm
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by zootdealer
So I just had sex for the first time and we tried vaginal intercourse twice, both times I somehow managed to lose my erection right in the middle of intercourse.

It started off well, I could insert it and everything felt nice until I've been doing it for a few minutes and it was feeling nice but not nice enough to ejaculate. I was trying to focus on orgasming and suddenly my erection just went away as I was inside her...

After that I tried to get my erection back but it was literally not coming back no matter how hard I tried for minutes as if I just came without an orgasm and was in my refractory period?? Also my legs felt really weird and wobbly for over an hour after.

Did I do something wrong? I'm only 18, we were using a condom and I'm uncimcumcised if that matters

There could be many reasons, so I wouldn't be concerned yet. You could be nervous and that's why it goes away, especially because you're new to sex. Sometimes it can take a bit of time to find your rhythm in sex and that's why you could be going soft. If you've had a particularly tiring day then sometimes your body just doesn't want to have sex and that could be a reason. Maybe you should try a thinner or different type of condom to help you gain some sensation. It could have also been the position you were in. I know with my fiance and I sometimes certain positions just don't "do it" for us as it were.

Try not to fret too much about it. If it keeps happening every time you have sex then there could be an issue, but for now try not to worry.
Reply 2
Take more time to arouse her before penetration. Sex involves all the body not just genitals. You're just a bit nervous which is perfectly natural in beginning. You could try more oral sex first, if you are both comfortable with that.

Quick Reply

Latest