mlm1234
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi

Im currently doing HND in Mechanical Engineering (90% distinction) and have HNC in general engineering (100% distinction). I've started to look at unis and applying this Sept, but confused on couple things.

I've noticed Unis and colleges doing 3rd year top up BSc Mechanical Engineering and several unis saying could enter on year 2 with HND what im doing.
I know i def to want to proceed further after Degree to MSc or maybe even futhure to Phd/EngD (its my goal), I know prob cant do Meng, but was wonder and confused on the BSc and Beng

Is there much difference between the two?
If wanting to progress onto MSc does it make much difference?
Would HNC in general engineering and HND in mechanical disadvantage me going on to course? (the course have been independent research heavy and practical. I love the research and practical side its what im good at love, exam not so much),
If i did BSc would be able to do proper engineering, even with MSc like i would with Beng. would it be looked as lesser employable?
Last edited by mlm1234; 8 months ago
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I personally think that they are almost identical degrees, Beng & Bsc, bachelor of engineering or bachelor of science

you could do either, from the great start of your Higher National Diploma, choose where you want to go, and exactly which individual course modules are more interesting to you, CNC, CAD/CAM, 3-D sintering, playing with lasers, robots, AI/ML, ..... choose the first degree - then choose where to do your masters later on , during your bachelor course - you might wish to go somewhere else, or you might wish to stay where you are , if you love the place and the teaching
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads