Failure at university Watch

LifelessStudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I worked a bit hard, but not too hard (mainly because I got lazy) and was lucky enough to get to the university I am currently at, and it's one of the best in the world, but now that I just finished my first year exams and got results, I feel like a failure. There are students in my year that skipped one or two years of school and are 16, and can still keep up with all the work, there are students who know content from even third year some times, whilst I have to ask people for help sometimes for simple things.

I failed the module that almost everyone in my year considers the easiest (I don't know of anyone who has failed it until now). I just don't understand it, and I worked really hard on it, trying questions, asking for help, but I just don't seem to understand it. In the exam, all I could think about was how I had taken a place in my course away from someone else who would have passed the module and it just makes me feel even worse.

It's been on my mind for the past week now. I kind of feel stupid when I hear about people on my course, and my friends from other universities getting a 1st in their courses. It's really quite depressing, and I don't know what to do about it.
I tried really hard as well, and I have to pass all my modules to go to the next year.
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
don't worry you can do perfectly fine without a degree
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (151)
17.81%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.84%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.08%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.27%

Watched Threads