can someone explain the difference PLEASE

Watch
Irpn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
what is the difference between a fulltime HNC (one year) which is topped up to HND with another year = 2 years. compared to a fulltime HND which is 2 years. like i dont understand this difference? the qualification value is different or no? HNC(1yr) topped up to HND(1yr) vs HND(2yr). I want to know because the current place im applying to say that to directly do a HND fulltime course everyone needs to pass a test. however 1 year of HNC and a second for HND is available for everyone. im not being scammed here right?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Irpn)
what is the difference between a fulltime HNC (one year) which is topped up to HND with another year = 2 years. compared to a fulltime HND which is 2 years. like i dont understand this difference? the qualification value is different or no? HNC(1yr) topped up to HND(1yr) vs HND(2yr). I want to know because the current place im applying to say that to directly do a HND fulltime course everyone needs to pass a test. however 1 year of HNC and a second for HND is available for everyone. im not being scammed here right?
there's no difference, after two years both gets you a hnd. seems the college won't agree to you doing the hnd straight away without the test but you can prove yourself by doing the hnc then they'd let you on.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Irpn)
It sounds like a top up degree after year 1 you have the HNC that’s safe then the you get the HND in year 2 the HND will be graded on that one year no matter how you did In the HNC.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads