Law Career Funding Watch

bthapa123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
To become a lawyer(solicitor for me) i will need to get my qualifying law degree and then do the legal practice course.
This route inevitably costs loads of money and I was wondering how I could fund this career path. If someone has any suggestions for funding would greatly appreciate.

Thank You
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by bthapa123)
To become a lawyer(solicitor for me) i will need to get my qualifying law degree and then do the legal practice course.
This route inevitably costs loads of money and I was wondering how I could fund this career path. If someone has any suggestions for funding would greatly appreciate.

Thank You
Most people in the UK would fund it via normal student loans, same as any other degree and then get an employer to sponsor for the LPC/SQE or take another loan for that.

Are you a UK citizen or someone with ILR who will have lived in the EU/UK for the 3 years prior to Sept 1 in the year your course starts?
There are also some degree apprenticeships where the firm pays.
bthapa123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Most people in the UK would fund it via normal student loans, same as any other degree and then get an employer to sponsor for the LPC/SQE or take another loan for that.

Are you a UK citizen or someone with ILR who will have lived in the EU/UK for the 3 years prior to Sept 1 in the year your course starts?
There are also some degree apprenticeships where the firm pays.
I am a UK citizen. I know id get student loans for my uni degree. But for the lpc if i get an employer to sponser me would that be something id pay back?
Also what is a training contract as ive come across that during my research into this.
Thank you
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by bthapa123)
I am a UK citizen. I know id get student loans for my uni degree. But for the lpc if i get an employer to sponser me would that be something id pay back?
Also what is a training contract as ive come across that during my research into this.
Thank you
1. In most cases no.
2. It is the period after degree and LPC currently or the period after formal education where you are employed as a trainee in a firm.
https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/law-ca...g-a-solicitor/
Keep an eye out for this when its written.
https://handbook.lawcareers.net/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.32%
No I am happy with my course choice (351)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.79%

Watched Threads