SCCIT interview Watch

agnesmachalica
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I just got an email inviting me for an interview for SCCIT based teacher training course. I have to do 5min presentation on my favorite teacher . I do not have problem with talking about my favorite teacher ect... but the power point presentation?
Any ideas on what can I put on the screen? My mind is blank!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by agnesmachalica)
Hi, I just got an email inviting me for an interview for SCCIT based teacher training course. I have to do 5min presentation on my favorite teacher . I do not have problem with talking about my favorite teacher ect... but the power point presentation?
Any ideas on what can I put on the screen? My mind is blank!
Key words? Why your teacher was your favourite?
Any examples of the sort of things they might make you do?
Does it say you'll have a powerpoint?
airfixfighter
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wouldn't even do a Powerpoint for a 5 minute presentation! Does it specifically ask for a Powerpoint?
agnesmachalica
Rep:
?
they say I can use power point... What I have done so far is a bit of a introduction - my time in education, that I was first generation to be taught in free of Communism Poland, as I think it may be worth to mention - I have experienced all the educational reforms and how teaching changed dramatically.
Then I talk about my teacher, I give examples and so on... and I want to finish with what teacher I inspire to be... Do you think I can refer to my personal statement at all? I have done a simple 5 slide Power Point presentation - showing my schools, old classrooms, my favorite teacher in his teaching space and finished with how the classrooms look now - with interactive boards and so on...
Last edited by agnesmachalica; 1 week ago
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by agnesmachalica)
they say I can use power point... What I have done so far is a bit of a introduction - my time in education, that I was first generation to be taught in free of Communism Poland, as I think it may be worth to mention - I have experienced all the educational reforms and how teaching changed dramatically.
Then I talk about my teacher, I give examples and so on... and I want to finish with what teacher I inspire to be... Do you think I can refer to my personal statement at all? I have done a simple 5 slide Power Point presentation - showing my schools, old classrooms, my favorite teacher in his teaching space and finished with how the classrooms look now - with interactive boards and so on...
That background is definitely worth mentioning in my opinion. Though I think you need to try timing all this as you're describing a lot here for a five minute piece. There mightn't be opportunity to include personal statement stuff but I'm not sure you need to unless it's particularly relevant to this.
agnesmachalica
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
That background is definitely worth mentioning in my opinion. Though I think you need to try timing all this as you're describing a lot here for a five minute piece. There mightn't be opportunity to include personal statement stuff but I'm not sure you need to unless it's particularly relevant to this.
I have just timed it and it all comes to a bit under 5 minutes, so I think I will leave it like it is and hope I do not make a huge mess out of it! thank you for taking time and replying to my msgs...wish me luck! Hopefully I wont make a fool out of myself on Monday.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (152)
17.76%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.76%
No I am happy with my course choice (506)
59.11%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (123)
14.37%

Watched Threads