Help with outfit for first pride? Watch

T0MCLIFF
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys,

My [sort of] Girlfriend and I are going to Bristol Pride next Saturday. It's my first pride and I was just wondering what I should go for as an outfit. I know people tend to go for bright colours but as a straight guy I don't want to come across as if I'm overstepping or like seeming like I'm trying to appropriate anything or whatever, but I also don't want to look boring and as if I'm not showing support.

What outfit should I realistically wear? I'd normally say I'm [fairly] fashionable but I'd say I'm more on the side of smart/casual instead of just casual. Should I just throw on some T-Shirts and shorts since it's meant to be pretty hot out that day, or should I go for something a bit more fashionable? I normally I sort of black jeans and shirt or polo-shirt guy so I'm just trying to think of some outfits that'd fit in but not be 'too much'.

Sorry if I sound insensitive, I just don't know the correct etiquette yet and don't want to cause any offence to anyone so I thought it best just to ask!

Thanks preemptively for the help, I hope to see a few of you guys there for what should hopefully be a great day!
C.Britton1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've been to a couple pridesI just recommend wearing what you feel comfortable in, if you wanna dress smart casual then go for it or dress for the weather if you're comfortable with shorts and a t-shirt. It doesn't really make a difference tbh mate, people wear anything from jeans and t-shirts to bikinis to all-black leather gimp suits and wolf masks. As long as you're comfortable and have fun that's all that matters🙂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads