Is something wrong with me? Watch

Alec.A
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I just finished school before I start A levels and to be honest nothing bad has happened to me. I am so grateful for the life I have but recently I just feel sad all the time and not like me. I feel closed up and not sociable at all which is completely out of character for me. I feel down for no reason and cry nearly every night over nothing tbh. I just want to know why ?
beccabrett
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
same, I've finished school before a levels and I feel kinda numb, like this is supposed to be the best summer of my life so why can't I be bothered to hang out with my friends, all I want to do is watch youtube and have lie ins. idk whats wrong
(Original post by Alec.A)
I just finished school before I start A levels and to be honest nothing bad has happened to me. I am so grateful for the life I have but recently I just feel sad all the time and not like me. I feel closed up and not sociable at all which is completely out of character for me. I feel down for no reason and cry nearly every night over nothing tbh. I just want to know why ?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
I felt like this and it was because of the way my family had treated. Never pushed, always telling me off, hardly praising me, no family time, barely any memories, constant negativity, etc etc. It was the fundamental issue to everything, the way I treated others and how I let them treat me, my need for attention and how it caused me to act out, my constant sadness and feeling of rejection, my desperate need to belong which led to bad company because I enjoyed their approval.

I still haven't dealt with it, and I think it still causes many issues for me today especially because I'm still trying to fix things, I do plan on giving up soon. Sometimes you think people change but nope, only you can change. Whatever it is, you just need to escape your current mind and consume yourself with something loving, accepting and challenging until that becomes your mind.
ml55
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should talk to your family and look into seeing a therapist, i had one for a couple months when i was in year 10/11 and it really helped. There definitely isn't anything wrong with you, this happens to people.

You're going through a transitional people in your life but you have to remember also that all your friends will be doing the dame so you might wanna talk to them.

As for the issue's with your family i think therapy both with and without your family present might help.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but i hope mine and everyone else who replies to this has advice that helps you through this. Be strong and don't give up.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Alec.A
Rep:
?
thank you so much! just reading these replies gives me so much reassurance that I'm not alone during all of this and honestly I think I need something to keep me occupied because I have so much free time haha. Thank you for the advice!!
(Original post by ml55)
You should talk to your family and look into seeing a therapist, i had one for a couple months when i was in year 10/11 and it really helped. There definitely isn't anything wrong with you, this happens to people.

You're going through a transitional people in your life but you have to remember also that all your friends will be doing the dame so you might wanna talk to them.

As for the issue's with your family i think therapy both with and without your family present might help.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but i hope mine and everyone else who replies to this has advice that helps you through this. Be strong and don't give up.
nintysixthousand
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
that happened to me when i left, i think its the big change that comes with leaving school and the idea that life wont change back. try to surround yourself with the people you love, spend time with family and friends. sometimes you dont want to hang out with friends but you will always feel better after you have! also try journalling as an outlet as well as meditation, those really helped me. and know that this feeling wont last forever! try taking up a hobby, an instrument or just creative writing and try to enjoy your summer
RicardoBR101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good afternoon, Alec,

Dude, I think that could be depression. But unfortunately, I'm not a doctor, even a psychologist. I'd go to a general practitioner, explanate all that you are feeling (beyong you said here on this forum). As I said before, I'm not a doctor. This for me looks like depression (there was one day also that I came from the school, and I sleep the final of the afternoon until the another day). And I need to confess that I already felt bad too, many years ago, when I suffered bullying, I already was feeling bad near from the school square, I was almost crying. And then came my friend Pedro, he realized that I had problems at that season. Then, I went out from there sick and I was diagnosed with paranoide schizophrenia. I'm treating myself, and it is in one degree down.

I wish you good, I hope you will, because if you do, I'll feel happier.

Have a good afternoon in there
Alec.A
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for the advice! just reading these replies is making me feel so much better! Honestly I think you're right, I've reached out to some of my friends and speaking to them has made me feel just happier I guess. It's just at random moments I just start to feel so sad. Hopefully it's just transition jitters but thank you so much for the advice! Enjoy your summer too!
(Original post by nintysixthousand)
that happened to me when i left, i think its the big change that comes with leaving school and the idea that life wont change back. try to surround yourself with the people you love, spend time with family and friends. sometimes you dont want to hang out with friends but you will always feel better after you have! also try journalling as an outlet as well as meditation, those really helped me. and know that this feeling wont last forever! try taking up a hobby, an instrument or just creative writing and try to enjoy your summer
Alec.A
Rep:
?
Hi! I have a feeling it may just be transition jitters from realising that things will never be the same. Hopefully after some time, I'll get used to the idea! I am so sorry to hear about everything you've been through, but I am very glad that you got some help and are in a better place. I wish you the best of luck on the rest of your journey! and Thank you! I am feeling better now so you can be happy haha
(Original post by RicardoBR101)
Good afternoon, Alec,

Dude, I think that could be depression. But unfortunately, I'm not a doctor, even a psychologist. I'd go to a general practitioner, explanate all that you are feeling (beyong you said here on this forum). As I said before, I'm not a doctor. This for me looks like depression (there was one day also that I came from the school, and I sleep the final of the afternoon until the another day). And I need to confess that I already felt bad too, many years ago, when I suffered bullying, I already was feeling bad near from the school square, I was almost crying. And then came my friend Pedro, he realized that I had problems at that season. Then, I went out from there sick and I was diagnosed with paranoide schizophrenia. I'm treating myself, and it is in one degree down.

I wish you good, I hope you will, because if you do, I'll feel happier.

Have a good afternoon in there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (153)
17.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.74%
No I am happy with my course choice (506)
58.97%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (124)
14.45%

Watched Threads