EU Law Exam...can anyone help with a question? Watch

joanna_j
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Anyone has an idea how to answers this question? If anyone had done a simillar question your help would be appreciated.

Directive 2017/952 E.C. of the Council and the European Parliament (fictitious) requires Member States to ensure that train operating companies give a full reimbursement to intercity fare-paying passengers whose trains have been cancelled. The deadline for implementation was 31st March 2018 but Germany has not transposed it into national law.

Stefano booked and paid for a train ticket for an intercity journey operated by German Intercity Trains between Berlin and Dresden. However, when he arrived at the station he found his train had been cancelled.

Stefano has written to German Intercity Trains – the privately owned, yet government subsidised and regulated train operating company – for a full reimbursement of his train ticket. Because of the nonimplementation of the Directive, Mike has been informed by the company that he is only entitled to a 30% reimbursement according to a pre-existing national law adopted around 7 years ago.

Consider what legal actions might be brought by Mike and by the Commission following Germany’s failure to implement Directive 2017/952 E.C.
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by joanna_j)
Anyone has an idea how to answers this question? If anyone had done a simillar question your help would be appreciated.

Directive 2017/952 E.C. of the Council and the European Parliament (fictitious) requires Member States to ensure that train operating companies give a full reimbursement to intercity fare-paying passengers whose trains have been cancelled. The deadline for implementation was 31st March 2018 but Germany has not transposed it into national law.

Stefano booked and paid for a train ticket for an intercity journey operated by German Intercity Trains between Berlin and Dresden. However, when he arrived at the station he found his train had been cancelled.

Stefano has written to German Intercity Trains – the privately owned, yet government subsidised and regulated train operating company – for a full reimbursement of his train ticket. Because of the nonimplementation of the Directive, Mike has been informed by the company that he is only entitled to a 30% reimbursement according to a pre-existing national law adopted around 7 years ago.

Consider what legal actions might be brought by Mike and by the Commission following Germany’s failure to implement Directive 2017/952 E.C.
Hey, sorry you haven't had an answer to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon

I'm afraid this isn't my area of expertise, but Gingerbread101 might know more!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.32%
No I am happy with my course choice (351)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.79%

Watched Threads