Doctors aren’t really helping me Watch

Jamesx199612
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have I’m going to the doctors three times now had blood work and heart monitors done and chest x ray all came back clear apart from the blood which is vitamin d deficiency but that has never popped up on my earlier blood test before.
I just don’t why my body doesn’t feel or look normal the way it did just a few months ago. I used to pack on thick bulky muscle now that has gotten a lot thinner.

The doctor recommended to see a psychiatrist. I don’t need to see them when I know something is physically wrong with me and when I explain it to my family they I’m nuts cause my body has not changed but it has I can’t fit into my normal clothes which really puts me down.
It all changed a week after I got back from new castle.
Symptoms.
After a week from Newcastle I had night sweats which lasted a few days
Can only feel heart pumping in my throat not chest and it’s nothing to with anxiety
Loss of appetite
Loss taste of food and smell
Swollen lymph nodes
Hair loss
Less saliva production
Swollen mouth
Lack of energy
Weiss bloody cracks back of mouth
I know this isn’t the right place to ask but I just need someone who has experienced this and how did you over come my body just doesn’t look or feel normal anymore it’s been going on for three months now I’m not being a delusional about this. It hasn’t have anything to do with anxiety or depression
Lawrenceman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
r u under stress lately? I think it seems to me anxiety symptoms
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hard to say what's what.

Loss of appetite would explain the body differences like not fitting into old clothes and loss of muscle... But then what caused the loss of appetite?

My go-to after reading this would probably be some sort of infection, maybe a bad case of flu at first but at this point, it's too far gone to be flu. Though if it were as simple as an infection, surely that's something the doctors would've picked up on. It might be wise to take the doctor's advice, even if it's just to see how things pan out.
Jamesx199612
Rep:
?
If was an infection it would of come up in. My blood test it’s only vitamin d deficiency that is pretty low that showed up
(Original post by TheMcSame)
Hard to say what's what.

Loss of appetite would explain the body differences like not fitting into old clothes and loss of muscle... But then what caused the loss of appetite?

My go-to after reading this would probably be some sort of infection, maybe a bad case of flu at first but at this point, it's too far gone to be flu. Though if it were as simple as an infection, surely that's something the doctors would've picked up on. It might be wise to take the doctor's advice, even if it's just to see how things pan out.
Jamesx199612
Rep:
?
Not really I can handle stress pretty well this is something different that I have never experienced
(Original post by Lawrenceman)
r u under stress lately? I think it seems to me anxiety symptoms
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jamesx199612)
If was an infection it would of come up in. My blood test it’s only vitamin d deficiency that is pretty low that showed up
Yeah, I did mention that if it were as simple as that, they would've likely picked up on it.

As I said, I think the best course of action at this point is to just take their advice and see what happens from there.
Jamesx199612
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Well see what happens with the Psychologist appointment but I just don’t how that’s going to do anything with my but Hopefully they can what the next best step is moving forward after this meeting I just hope it doesn’t carry on Forbes a long time just need to get my health fixed so I can carry on with my daily routines
Yeah, I did mention that if it were as simple as that, they would've likely picked up on it.

As I said, I think the best course of action at this point is to just take their advice and see what happens from there.
Jamesx199612
Rep:
?
And hopefully be referred to a ct scan
(Original post by Jamesx199612)
Well see what happens with the Psychologist appointment but I just don’t how that’s going to do anything with my but Hopefully they can what the next best step is moving forward after this meeting I just hope it doesn’t carry on Forbes a long time just need to get my health fixed so I can carry on with my daily routines
Jamesx199612
Rep:
?
Well see what happens with the Psychologist appointment but I just don’t how that’s going to do anything with my but Hopefully they can what the next best step is moving forward after this meeting I just hope it doesn’t carry on Forbes a long time just need to get my health fixed so I can carry on with my daily routines and see what’s the cause of my swollen lymph nodes hopefully referred to a ct scan

AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Go to a different doctor, sometimes you need more than one opinion
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I would see the psychiatrist. If both the doctor and your family think it is just you coming up with these problems and they don't exist then maybe it's something mental. If it were to be that then you would be in denial that it is mental as that would come as part of the condition. See the psychiatrist and see wha they think
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads