Tell be about a hobby you particularly enjoy Watch

MidgetFever
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My favourite has to be gigging! I've been lucky enough to get a ticket for a few different venues to follow my favourite band round the UK when they come in November! (Not sure if that's weird, but oh well!)

Other than that, I'm a major geek. I love playing videogames (especially open world types) and play a bunch of online games too.

If I'm not doing either of those then I'm probably playing guitar!
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I love hugging my cat. Dunno if that's a hobby btw, I immensely enjoy it, far more than anything else I like doing.
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
my hobbies are tsr, musical theatre (i like to perform) and study. so not many. i was involved in a lot of activities but i quit most of these activities due to exams. hopefully i participate more when i'm older.
(Original post by batter mix)
haha :nah: Boring ol' brit (at least on the paper :sogood:)

I did my high school in the states
i was wondering since when did we have impressive extracurriculars? lol.
that's amazing. american high school sounds dangerous but the social aspects are incredible :moon: homecoming dances, senior pranks, no uniform, 3 months off with the opportunity of summer camp...
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
PRSOM with your whole post, haha
Although, no uniform sounds horrible. Choosing outfits each day sounds like too much effort! :lol:
(Original post by PureHeroine)
no uniform
batter mix
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
my hobbies are tsr, musical theatre (i like to perform) and study. so not many. i was involved in a lot of activities but i quit most of these activities due to exams. hopefully i participate more when i'm older.

that's amazing. american high school sounds dangerous but the social aspects are incredible :moon: homecoming dances, senior pranks, no uniform, 3 months off with the opportunity of summer camp...
lol

I am sure schools in UK have fun stuff! My friends at A-levels def chilled more than I did at IB

lmao where did you get these ideas? 😂
It was a boarding school so not dangerous.
All-girls so no prom.
Self-esteem **** so no homecoming queen.
Private school so uniforms.

Senior prank was crazy funnn and 3 months off is a blessing. My friends’ were very jealous of that so I enjoyed it more! :proud:

Sorry to burst the bubbles!
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
PRSOM with your whole post, haha
Although, no uniform sounds horrible. Choosing outfits each day sounds like too much effort! :lol:
yeah my sixth form doesn't have uniform and i'm not a fan of buying clothes often (fortunately most of my clothes were brought in last year's christmas sales so i got lots of jumpers and formal wear at cheap prices)

i am definitely for uniforms but when you are young it's fun to go all out and look jazzy everyday (i'd probably be convinced to learn how to use makeup for once lel). at least if we had spirit week ah that would be amazing.
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
lol

I am sure schools in UK have fun stuff! My friends at A-levels def chilled more than I did at IB

lmao where did you get these ideas? 😂
It was a boarding school so not dangerous.
All-girls so no prom.
Self-esteem **** so no homecoming queen.
Private school so uniforms.

Senior prank was crazy funnn and 3 months off is a blessing. My friends’ were very jealous of that so I enjoyed it more! :proud:

Sorry to burst the bubbles!
i used dangerous bc its applicable to many situations - crimes and cliques. i presume you are female and american high schools seem like a hotspot for girl drama. or maybe i watch too many american films.

the only fun stuff is sports clubs. the only sport i like is dance and i'm rubbish at it. sports like netball, rounders and rugby are not for me. i pay to attend drama, dance and music lessons every week because it's so much fun but i just want a glee for myself you know?

i like that you don't have to study over holidays (unless you want to or like summer camp or for other reasons) because exams are at the end of term. and other factors contribute to your grades bc being a good student is not worthwhile it's simply dull.

it's okay i get that every experience is different
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Do you like animals, SimplySnips? do you want to eventually work with them?
(Original post by SimplySnips)
I love reading, writing, I'm learning new languages at the moment (I can speak Spanish), going for walks, swimming, baking, sleeping, eating and volunteering at a local dog shelter and small zoo in my free time.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Where do you go hiking? Are there any local beauty spots close to you?
(Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
Cooking
Reading
Hiking
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Reading the Financial Times, eh, Mystic? And learning Mandarin? One day we may see you in the financial times, eh?
(Original post by Themysticalegg)
Gigging + Clubbing/Pubbing
Learning Mandarin, currently at intermediate level (trying to become multilingual to accompany English and Cantonese) and attempting to learn Python.
Gym with a bias to cardio. Got a 10km race in just over 2 weeks time. Gonna go running before my graduation gotta work hard!
Reading - Recent reads include the works of Haruki Murakami and a book on the Falklands War. I also read the Financial Times and the London Evening Standard on the daily.
Going on walks to random places on the weekend.
carl fringos!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
gambling and drinking to be honest. i also like playing tennis and listening to music
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Love to hear about these unusual hobbies. How long does it take you to build each model? My younger son used to buy all those airfix kits and used to build model planes and boats. I think at one time I used to spend most of my money in model shops. It's a real feeling of achievement, though, when your model is finished!
(Original post by JoelBigSmokeTea)
Might as well bring up something that hasn't been mentioned here or is very unlikely going to be brought up.

Gunpla, or gundam plastic model kits. Unlike your usual kits these don't have to glue together and paint (unless you want to give your mecha a nice finish). Quick easy to build, and excellent results even if you have hardly any experience in the field of modelling. All you need is nippers, a craft knife and patience. They're also in most cases very solid, they won't be falling apart but if you are really concerned about that get hobby cement (which costs about £3-5) it'll will fix that. Oh and did I mention they're very pose able (although again it varies from kit to kit).

I own about 5 kits, out of all of them my personal favorite is the rg freedom gundam. It has folding wings that spread out, railguns, armour that shifts independently up and down depending on how you pose the legs or arm, and two beam sabers that form into one.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
I bet that looks beautiful. Do you ever hang your calligraphy on the walls as works of art?
(Original post by Dunya)
Arabic calligraphy
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
I live in a little medieval village too. It's very restful walking round after working in the city all day. I also like classical literature, Vanity Fair is my fave and I like reading Emile Zola. What do you like to read?
(Original post by Divine Feminine)
Aside from the obvious ones like s*x and getting jiggy, I do enjoy myself some reading, especially classical literature, poetry, new age spiritual stuff and the like. I also love going for walks out in nature and the little village where I grew up is just perfect for that.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
What's the name of your fave band? Have you had the chance to actually meet them face to face?
(Original post by MidgetFever)
My favourite has to be gigging! I've been lucky enough to get a ticket for a few different venues to follow my favourite band round the UK when they come in November! (Not sure if that's weird, but oh well!)

Other than that, I'm a major geek. I love playing videogames (especially open world types) and play a bunch of online games too.

If I'm not doing either of those then I'm probably playing guitar!
batter mix
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i used dangerous bc its applicable to many situations - crimes and cliques. i presume you are female and american high schools seem like a hotspot for girl drama. or maybe i watch too many american films.

the only fun stuff is sports clubs. the only sport i like is dance and i'm rubbish at it. sports like netball, rounders and rugby are not for me. i pay to attend drama, dance and music lessons every week because it's so much fun but i just want a glee for myself you know?

i like that you don't have to study over holidays (unless you want to or like summer camp or for other reasons) because exams are at the end of term. and other factors contribute to your grades bc being a good student is not worthwhile it's simply dull.

it's okay i get that every experience is different
Nah I get it. It’s definitely overdramatised in the tv shows and films. It ain’t no mean girls :rofl:

And our school was different like that. The groups formed were based on the activities people did. Like dancers chilled together. Singers and choir people had their own thing. Soccer gals were always on the ground. That sorta thing.

Haha you are adorbs! I’m sure you deserve your own Glee! If I sang, I would have joined!

Yes! The focus on extra-curriculars is definitely more than it is here and I was so ****ing glad for it!
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Ahhhh, that's lovely! Hugging cats is very restful. Where I live there is actually a cat cafe, and you can stroke the cats while you eat to relax you. I used to have a black cat who used to come and curl up on my bed at night. The first time he ever jumped on my bed I was terrified, as I thought it was a burglar!
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
I love hugging my cat. Dunno if that's a hobby btw, I immensely enjoy it, far more than anything else I like doing.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
TSR is not my hobby at all...

Hands up who believes me...

Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
You must keep very fit. Wish I had time to do that.
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
A 15-minute walk every day.
Workouts ( Calisthenics ) 4 times a week

Basically, those are my hobbies.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
So two of you went to an American High school? that must have been very interesting!

I would have loved to have experienced it. The nearest I got to abroad was spending a year at a French university as part of my year abroad.
Nah I get it. It’s definitely overdramatised in the tv shows and films. It ain’t no mean girls :rofl:

And our school was different like that. The groups formed were based on the activities people did. Like dancers chilled together. Singers and choir people had their own thing. Soccer gals were always on the ground. That sorta thing.

Haha you are adorbs! I’m sure you deserve your own Glee! If I sang, I would have joined!

Yes! The focus on extra-curriculars is definitely more than it is here and I was so ****ing glad for it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.94%
No I am happy with my course choice (488)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.49%

Watched Threads