Tell be about a hobby you particularly enjoy Watch

-Eirlys-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Arts & crafts mainly. I read sometimes at night and I play video games every now and then.
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
I really like quizzes. Every Tuesday I head to the local pub in my village for a bit of raucous quizzing. There are no teams, just us. We cheat like mad, but we don't care (some of us have alternative answers (which count) in case we don't get the first answer right.

Whenever there is a pop lyrics question, everyone looks at me (most contestants are in their 70s/80s! If it's sport, they look away from me, sharpish.

There is one derailer, just like you harrysbar . He has been on 28 cruises (my idea of heaven) and we love to discuss this. He is a paramedic and is always showing me pics of famous celebrities at various events he has attended in a professional capacity. In fact, the others are always telling us to "shurrup" in their finest Yorkshire. Sometimes I think it's more an opportunity for everyone to chat rather than puzzle out the questions.

My elder son's hobby is singing in public. Mostly this is in bars (karaoke). Sometimes he has been known to dance on the tables. But he also does it just outside church, and on the streets of Southampton. He does tend to film it on Facebook, and sometimes you can hear the cars pipping. It tends to be les Miserables tunes. Actually he is really, really good at singing.

Scotney Themysticalegg Do you have any enjoyable hobbies?
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Love the creative writing and the poetry - it's great to stay in touch with your creative side. What do you like to read?
(Original post by LostLioness)
Painting/drawing
Creative writing/Poetry
An avid reader
Fitness - a runner
Baking (only because I love eating)
Eating
Sleeping
Crying

The last three are added to make me appear as an intellectual.
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yasss Mandarin is not too bad for an English speaker, find it easier to learn than German. The CEO of my company has been on FT and the news a lot recently. But I doubt I will ever be important as him! The man has a salary of over $20,000,000 a year.
Reading the Financial Times, eh, Mystic? And learning Mandarin? One day we may see you in the financial times, eh?
Last edited by Themysticalegg; 1 week ago
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
When you say arts and crafts, what do you make? I'm not very creative, so admire people who are.
(Original post by -Eirlys-)
Arts & crafts mainly. I read sometimes at night and I play video games every now and then.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
What's your favourite music? Are you watching wimbledon at the moment? Who is your favourite player?
(Original post by carl fringos!)
gambling and drinking to be honest. i also like playing tennis and listening to music
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not sure whether you will call it a hobby, but I enjoy having a sauna, as an escape from the rest of the world, and something sociable that does not involve alcohol or lots of food. Especially in the winter. I do so in what might be described as the German way, without swimwear.
carl fringos!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What's your favourite music? Are you watching wimbledon at the moment? Who is your favourite player?
Hi i am watching wimbledon in fact i was there a couple of days ago. my brother and me arrived at 3 in the morning to que, unfortunately we forgot to bring the prosecco from the fridge which would have made the que more entertaining especially as everyone else around us was getting pissed (at 3 in the morning). Anyway, it was a nice day and we managed to get tickets for the dan evans sousa game which was cool. My favourite song right now is don't go breaking my heart by elton john i think, i love listening to it on youtube haha.
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PureHeroine)
cheerleading???? are you both american? if so ignore me. if not this country has cheerleading? since when?
Not American, but not from the UK either.

We didn’t have cheerleading in high school but I was referring to professional cheerleading.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Yasmin1224
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Painting,doodling listening to music and watching Youtube videos:rolleyes:
FloralPrints
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Learning French:love:
Even though im not doing it for A-Level, I still love the language
Dunya
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I bet that looks beautiful. Do you ever hang your calligraphy on the walls as works of art?
I sell most of them I think my mum has hung one up somewhere in the house, clearly I'm not her favourite
Spoiler:
Show
Name:  hobby.JPG
Views: 17
Size:  235.6 KB
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lady Jamie)

We didn’t have cheerleading in high school but I was referring to professional cheerleading.
We have it in the UK, too. Moat pro rugby league sides have a cheerleading squad of some description.
PureHeroine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

ooo :awesome: sounds really exciting. you must be able to do lots of stunts, right? wow.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Report 1 week ago
Where do you go hiking? Are there any local beauty spots close to you?
Haven’t found anywhere locally that I like, there are a couple places in Scotland that are really nice though, and I meet some friends up there every couple of months to do trails with them.
Last edited by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ; 1 week ago
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PureHeroine)
ooo :awesome: sounds really exciting. you must be able to do lots of stunts, right? wow.
Haha, the cheer is actually more dance based and the occasional stunts are elementary ones.

Not that Jamie can do any of them Jamie hasn’t properly stretched since Dec 2017 🙃

(Original post by gjd800)
We have it in the UK, too. Moat pro rugby league sides have a cheerleading squad of some description.
Hehe, all the more reason to attend the games am I right? 😉
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Haha, the cheer is actually more dance based and the occasional stunts are elementary ones.

Not that Jamie can do any of them Jamie hasn’t properly stretched since Dec 2017 🙃

Hehe, all the more reason to attend the games am I right? 😉
At the risk of sounding absolutely terrible, based on the averages of the towns in which my local RL sides play... no :laugh:
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gjd800)
But cos they're rugby lasses, they usually have bigger traps than most of the lads and hairier rims.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
But cos they're rugby lasses, they usually have bigger traps than most of the lads and hairier rims.
did you mean arms ?

angel.xo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
sleeping

so i can forget about my miserable life
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Good core strength, though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.94%
No I am happy with my course choice (488)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.49%

Watched Threads