Can I get an emergency appointment? Mental Health Watch

jungshooks
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Okay so I’ve got anxiety and depression, which has been relatively controlled for the last year, I haven’t had a panic attack since January last year (during mocks). On Sunday at work I had a panic attack at work after some unpleasant encounters, and ever since it’s like I’ve been put on the edge. I keep having what I call mini anxiety attacks where I just feel like I’m going down a huge drop on a rollercoaster I don’t wanna be on. It’s stopping me from sleeping and I feel just, awful. I can’t do anything because I just feel scared. And I had to call in sick to work yesterday because I couldn’t cope, and this in turn is making my low mood worse. I still can’t cope with how I’m feeling but I don’t feel like I’m in any danger to myself or others, but at the same time I’m absolutely terrified of having a panic attack again (especially because of my asthma) and I’ve not stopped having chest pains and other physical symptoms since.
So knowing all that, would you say I should get an emergency appointment?? I’d call 111 to ask but being on the phone gives me anxiety and we’re not worsening that today my son.
Edit: I don’t know why this is in the accommodation section?? Sorry
Last edited by jungshooks; 1 week ago
The Student Housing Company
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jungshooks)
Okay so I’ve got anxiety and depression, which has been relatively controlled for the last year, I haven’t had a panic attack since January last year (during mocks). On Sunday at work I had a panic attack at work after some unpleasant encounters, and ever since it’s like I’ve been put on the edge. I keep having what I call mini anxiety attacks where I just feel like I’m going down a huge drop on a rollercoaster I don’t wanna be on. It’s stopping me from sleeping and I feel just, awful. I can’t do anything because I just feel scared. And I had to call in sick to work yesterday because I couldn’t cope, and this in turn is making my low mood worse. I still can’t cope with how I’m feeling but I don’t feel like I’m in any danger to myself or others, but at the same time I’m absolutely terrified of having a panic attack again (especially because of my asthma) and I’ve not stopped having chest pains and other physical symptoms since.
So knowing all that, would you say I should get an emergency appointment?? I’d call 111 to ask but being on the phone gives me anxiety and we’re not worsening that today my son.
Edit: I don’t know why this is in the accommodation section?? Sorry
Sorry to hear your feeling this way - I would suggest if you feel up to it, calling 111 (especially as your having chest pains). If not, see if you can get an emergency GP appointment.
I would also suggest that if you struggle with making a phone call you can contact the Samaritans about your mental health, as you can email or write to them: Website: https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-ca...act-samaritan/
If your in a student accommodation or university please speak to someone there - You may find there will be someone trained in mental health or may even be able to contact someone on your behalf!
There are plenty of people who can help so make sure you reach out to someone - Jess
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (150)
17.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.85%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.15%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.29%

Watched Threads