Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harir0003)
help please
Hi harir0003

It can be hard to know what is the best way to study, I know I have had the exact same problem, here are a few things I keep in mind when I need to concentrate on getting work done:

Get Organised - Ensure you know what you are studying for and when it is due.

Create a schedule - Once you know what you have to do, put it into a timetable or schedule of knowing what you will do each day. When you break down what you have to do it becomes more manageable in smaller chunks.

Get rid of distractions - These will only add to the procrastination, for myself I know a huge distraction is social media so I tend to switch off my phone. Changing the environment you study in can also be useful, heading to the Library or a coffee shop.

Reward yourself - When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.

Take breaks - Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising. ensure you give yourself time to clear your head.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Ruth :zorro:
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
different people will revise effectively in different ways. some good things you can do is have a set working environment where you know you'll be productive in- this may be a desk in your bedroom or perhaps the local library for some quiet. try to separate the places where you work and don't work as i often find myself feeling more refreshed if i'm relaxing somewhere else rather than the place i do my studying.
don't revise or do work for excessively long periods eg. the max i did was 90 minutes but it's good to mix up what you do in that time eg. active recall using flashcards and then perhaps doing some of a practice paper... doing some physically active during the revision break is a good way to spend that time.
exam technique is increasingly important in the new spec, so make sure you do plenty of practice papers and questions- cgp do some really good exam workbooks and there's lots of resources freely available online. mark your answers, look at example answers and the mark scheme so you really understand how to gain all the marks. applying your understanding of content is important also, so if you're struggling to understand a certain concept try explaining it to an object or a person in your own words- nothing wrong with going to the teacher too, they're always here to help.
a little bit of revision everyday will enable you to consolidate your learning- it's good to slowly build it up even if it's 10-20 minutes a day. quality > quantity.
a list or a loose timetable may be a motivational incentive- you can tick the things off throughout the day as you complete them.
Chubbynoel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just don't
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mjhmichael18
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It depends what the GCSE is
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads