Watch
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Not at all.

I voted to restore the sovereignty of my nation, to send the message that being subject to a foreign court is offensive to me, to put Britain first.

I am a British, straight, white, male and it is time that the political establishment stopped discharging their responsibilities to a foreign land pandering to minorities.

There is a certain irony that you supported UKIP at a time when I was a Euro-federalist. How times change.
well have fun being subject to the whims of Mr Trump

ps i have never voted UKIP in my life :hmmmm2:
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by the bear)
well have fun being subject to the whims of Mr Trump

ps i have never voted UKIP in my life :hmmmm2:
I was sure you advocated them for a while.

I’m looking forward to increased trade ties with the Anglosphere.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was sure you advocated them for a while.
perhaps you could provide some quotes ? :dontknow:

i hear that chlorine brings out the subtle flavor of chicken ... and help clean your fingers too
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Interestingly as someone who lives in East London, quite a lot of people around me supported Brexit and they are far from right wing, some of them are even environmentalists but still support Brexit, their argument can be summer up as; we want more sovereignty.
Leave won fair and square in the end, we really can't do anything about it
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
people who voted for Brexit did not want their own lives to improve, they just wanted to hurt people more prosperous and open minded than themselves.
That's not true at all, I dont wish to hurt anyone within my own country or outside of it, however I do understand the UK leaving the EU is disastrous for the EU, so it will hurt some overseas people.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The RAR)
Indeed and it continues too.

The right wing Brexiteer fallacious argument makes me smile, there is nothing right wing about wishing to leave the EU and equally nothing left wing about remaining in the European Union.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
perhaps you could provide some quotes ? :dontknow:

i hear that chlorine brings out the subtle flavor of chicken ... and help clean your fingers too
Yes because there are mass deaths and illness in the US caused by chlorinated chicken, yet another piece of diatribe spurted out by people who know nothing.
MillennialX
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
What???? That never happened before we voted to leave the EU, I can distinctly remember going into McDonald's in May 2016 and paying £1.50 for a double Mcshite burger meal ( large ). I rescind my vote to leave on those grounds alone.
You are being sarcastic right?
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Interestingly as someone who lives in East London, quite a lot of people around me supported Brexit and they are far from right wing, some of them are even environmentalists but still support Brexit, their argument can be summer up as; we want more sovereignty.
I live in E. London and I don't know a single person who voted Leave. The circles you move in and all that.

Leave did not win fair and square. They achieved a small majority after overwhelming levels of lies, gerrymandering and corrupt behaviour that was permitted unchallenged by a supine right wing media representing covert offshored interests. They permitted the channeling of dubious foreign money on a large scale into the campaign and their leaders acted in consort with tax-evading oligarchs based outside the UK. Aaron Banks, one of the key players, met regularly with the Russian ambassador during the campaign (for reasons he has so far refused to state) and was offered vast sums by the Putin administration. Nigel Farage acted on behalf of Trump and Putin and has never once been seriously challenged on his role as an actor for foreign powers.

We are not talking about democracy here. We are in the midst of a carve-up of the UK by foreign powers, of which Brexit is a part, and a global attack on liberal democracy.
MillennialX
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
OK, please explain how the EU kept fast food prices low so successfully and why the EU has failed to keep the fast food prices low at the same time.

Spolier - Brexit has not yet happened we have not left yet!
My local kebab and fish and chips shops have already increased it’s prices.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MillennialX)
Oh and that's obviously related to the European Union then .
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
I live in E. London and I don't know a single person who voted Leave. The circles you move in and all that.

Leave did not win fair and square. They achieved a small majority after overwhelming levels of lies, gerrymandering and corrupt behaviour that was permitted unchallenged by a supine right wing media representing covert offshored interests. They permitted the channeling of dubious foreign money on a large scale into the campaign and their leaders acted in consort with tax-evading oligarchs based outside the UK. Aaron Banks, one of the key players, met regularly with the Russian ambassador during the campaign (for reasons he has so far refused to state) and was offered vast sums by the Putin administration. Nigel Farage acted on behalf of Trump and Putin and has never once been seriously challenged on his role as an actor for foreign powers.

We are not talking about democracy here. We are in the midst of a carve-up of the UK by foreign powers, of which Brexit is a part, and a global attack on liberal democracy.
Arr the Russian conspiracy theory, I think this has been proven to be baseless by even key remain figures
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MillennialX)
Not gonna lie, whichever shop or supermarket I go to, the prices for all products like biscuits, cheese etc..did increase slightly but I don't really think is because of Brexit, I mean we are still in the EU
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Arr the Russian conspiracy theory, I think this has been proven to be baseless by even key remain figures
So the US $5bn fine that Facebook just received for their completely illegal cooperation with Cambridge Analytica/Dominic Cummings/Farage/Banks criminal scheme is just imaginary is it?

What do you suppose Aaron Banks was discussing with the Russian Embassy on his many visits to them during the Leave campaign?
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not gonna lie, whichever shop or supermarket I go to, the prices for all products like biscuits, cheese etc..did increase slightly but I don't really think is because of Brexit, I mean we are still in the EU
Food prices have shot up since Brexit and it is entirely due to Brexit, which caused the £ to slump from around 1.4 Euros to around 1.1 Euros on referendum night, where it has remained stuck ever since.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cx...d-sterling-gbp
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So the US $5bn fine that Facebook just received for their completely illegal cooperation with Cambridge Analytica/Dominic Cummings/Farage/Banks criminal scheme is just imaginary is it?

What do you suppose Aaron Banks was discussing with the Russian Embassy on his many visits to them during the Leave campaign?
Last I knew Mr clegg, a leader if the remain campaign stating there was absolutely no evidence for this?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-48740231

Have I missed something massive?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Food prices have shot up since Brexit and it is entirely due to Brexit, which caused the £ to slump from around 1.4 Euros to around 1.1 Euros on referendum night, where it has remained stuck ever since.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cx...d-sterling-gbp
That's because of the remainers parliamentarians frustrating the process.

Businesses are clear, no deal is better than no answer. We need certainty so we can get on we our business plans, we are simply stuck in limbo
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's because of the remainers parliamentarians frustrating the process.
Complete nonsense. It plunged on referendum night, long before we even knew what the process was.

Oh and let's not forget that Brextremists have succeeded in completely moving the goalposts after the referendum from what was originally billed as a vote to make a sensible deal with the EU and has now become a madcap drive to destroy the UK at all costs in the crazed service of racist agendas. Against that background, is it any wonder that the global markets decide the pound is worth 1/3 less than it used to be? The only surprise is that it isn't even lower.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Last I knew Mr clegg, a leader if the remain campaign stating there was absolutely no evidence for this?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-48740231

Have I missed something massive?
Is this the same Clegg that is now a mouthpiece for Facebook and recently claimed that company is the most ethical in the world and has never done anything wrong? :rolleyes:
BeetRoots
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Not at all.

...I am a British, straight, white, male...
And you want everyone to know that you are straight, white and male because?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (98)
13.73%
I'm not sure (32)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (223)
31.23%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.38%
I'm not a current university student (344)
48.18%

Watched Threads