The Student Room Group

Most competitive Cambridge Undergrad courses?

Self explanatory
Original post by ANO-NI-MUS
Self explanatory

And someone with the potential to study at Cambridge should have a) the research skills to see this has been done to death before and b) the ability to understand that it is impossible to measure.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
And someone with the potential to study at Cambridge should have a) the research skills to see this has been done to death before and b) the ability to understand that it is impossible to measure.

Who said anything about going to Cambridge? I'm just curious.
Reply 3
Recently it seems to have become computer science
Original post by ANO-NI-MUS
Who said anything about going to Cambridge? I'm just curious.

Then why are you having a transcript dilemma and worrying about how many colleges you can apply to on the SAQ etc? :wink:
Off the top of my head I would say traditionally competitive subjects like medicine, law etc but actual statistics might differ on that
Original post by Sinnoh
Recently it seems to have become computer science

I have noticed that the applications to admissions ratios for many of the top universities (such as Cambridge, Oxford and Imperial) for computer science are very high (I think Imperial was 10-1 or 12-1)
Reply 7
Original post by GreenCub
I have noticed that the applications to admissions ratios for many of the top universities (such as Cambridge, Oxford and Imperial) for computer science are very high (I think Imperial was 10-1 or 12-1)

Imperial is crazy this year. Apparently it was 18:1 applicants to places for computing. They're now raising the entry requirements for 2020 entry.
cst but only if you are dead set on churchill
A review was done a couple of years ago by I think the Telegraph. Cambridge had the 8 top subjects based on entry points and Maths had the highest points. Of the top 10 universities Maths and Physics were the top subjects for entry points.
Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 12.24.29.pngThis should answer your question
Original post by Sinnoh
Imperial is crazy this year. Apparently it was 18:1 applicants to places for computing. They're now raising the entry requirements for 2020 entry.

That's insanely high. Although it kind of makes sense, as computing and technology is becoming very important in the world...
so your saying applying to churchill college at cambridge is the most competitive college for computer science?
Original post by Meowstic
cst but only if you are dead set on churchill

so r u saying that churchill college cambridge is more competitive than other colleges for computer science? Dont they have the largest number of computer science places though?
Going by applications per place is misleading because some subjects attract more underqualified applicants than others. But if you take that into account there's no real way to compare different subjects since the pools of people applying for say architecture and medicine are very different.
i wanna go to college
This information is published on their admissions pages every single year, as link by an above poster.

Normally the most competitive are graduate entry medicine and architecture in most years however. Both are very small courses with a lot of applicants, and a wider range of requirements for entry too (e.g. the portfolio for architecture, work experience for medicine).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending