Self explanatory
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ANO-NI-MUS)
Self explanatory
And someone with the potential to study at Cambridge should have a) the research skills to see this has been done to death before and b) the ability to understand that it is impossible to measure.
ANO-NI-MUS
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
And someone with the potential to study at Cambridge should have a) the research skills to see this has been done to death before and b) the ability to understand that it is impossible to measure.
Who said anything about going to Cambridge? I'm just curious.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Recently it seems to have become computer science
threeportdrift
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ANO-NI-MUS)
Who said anything about going to Cambridge? I'm just curious.
Then why are you having a transcript dilemma and worrying about how many colleges you can apply to on the SAQ etc?
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Off the top of my head I would say traditionally competitive subjects like medicine, law etc but actual statistics might differ on that
GreenCub
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Recently it seems to have become computer science
I have noticed that the applications to admissions ratios for many of the top universities (such as Cambridge, Oxford and Imperial) for computer science are very high (I think Imperial was 10-1 or 12-1)
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by GreenCub)
I have noticed that the applications to admissions ratios for many of the top universities (such as Cambridge, Oxford and Imperial) for computer science are very high (I think Imperial was 10-1 or 12-1)
Imperial is crazy this year. Apparently it was 18:1 applicants to places for computing. They're now raising the entry requirements for 2020 entry.
Meowstic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
cst but only if you are dead set on churchill
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
A review was done a couple of years ago by I think the Telegraph. Cambridge had the 8 top subjects based on entry points and Maths had the highest points. Of the top 10 universities Maths and Physics were the top subjects for entry points.
Engineer1729
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Name:  Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 12.24.29.png
Views: 102
Size:  141.4 KBThis should answer your question
GreenCub
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Imperial is crazy this year. Apparently it was 18:1 applicants to places for computing. They're now raising the entry requirements for 2020 entry.
That's insanely high. Although it kind of makes sense, as computing and technology is becoming very important in the world...
boringblob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
so your saying applying to churchill college at cambridge is the most competitive college for computer science?
boringblob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Meowstic)
cst but only if you are dead set on churchill
so r u saying that churchill college cambridge is more competitive than other colleges for computer science? Dont they have the largest number of computer science places though?
sweeneyrod
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Going by applications per place is misleading because some subjects attract more underqualified applicants than others. But if you take that into account there's no real way to compare different subjects since the pools of people applying for say architecture and medicine are very different.
mrbeanfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i wanna go to college
artful_lounger
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This information is published on their admissions pages every single year, as link by an above poster.

Normally the most competitive are graduate entry medicine and architecture in most years however. Both are very small courses with a lot of applicants, and a wider range of requirements for entry too (e.g. the portfolio for architecture, work experience for medicine).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (64)
23.53%
No (208)
76.47%

Watched Threads