Packing help Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So packing early I know but I have all my essentials stuff and things I need.
I've packed student finance confirmation as well do i need to pack all my academic certs & slips at all ? They haven't said so just my finance letter and I don't want to really bring them in case I lose them . I know they get my results from ucas and when I'm here I could always print my student records off which our grades and unit grades are uploaded to
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You are packing for uni now....??
I literally packed 4 days before I moved in
Anyway you won't need any academic qualification certificates (I can't think of a reason you would need them tbh).
Anonymous #1
Yeah early I know I was really bored and I won't need the stuff I'm packing anyway as I'm not taking much anyway as I have family up there so anything like pots etc they will give me . Okay thank you so my uni don't need to see evidence I passed my a levels and btec courses I know they receive them from ucas anyway
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
You are packing for uni now....??
I literally packed 4 days before I moved in
Anyway you won't need any academic qualification certificates (I can't think of a reason you would need them tbh).
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah early I know I was really bored and I won't need the stuff I'm packing anyway as I'm not taking much anyway as I have family up there so anything like pots etc they will give me . Okay thank you so my uni don't need to see evidence I passed my a levels and btec courses I know they receive them from ucas anyway
They will automatically be recieved by the exam board when the exam results are out.
If they require to see GCSE's or anything then they would let you know but by now you would've been told
Anonymous #1
Okay thanks I have an unconditional anyway . Worse case I have my student records. Thank you
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
They will automatically be recieved by the exam board when the exam results are out.
If they require to see GCSE's or anything then they would let you know but by now you would've been told
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've packed student finance confirmation as well do i need to pack all my academic certs & slips at all ? They haven't said so just my finance letter and I don't want to really bring them in case I lose them . I know they get my results from ucas and when I'm here I could always print my student records off which our grades and unit grades are uploaded to
Hello there, :bird:

Have you contacted the university and asked for their 'What to Bring' list? Especially if your moving in to accommodation.

You can view our Accommodation checklist here:
http://www.hope.ac.uk/media/lifeatho...ist_200918.pdf

I hope this helps,
Tom
Anonymous #1
Hi I'm actually wanting to come to Liverpool Hope uni .Do i need to bring evidence of my year 13 quals to enrolment as ucas sends them and if i do ( mainly as I'm travelling from the other end of the country and don't want to bring certs/slips) would a copy of my student records and unit grades be sufficient of i print it off when here. ( I do have an unconditional )
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hello there, :bird:

Have you contacted the university and asked for their 'What to Bring' list? Especially if your moving in to accommodation.

You can view our Accommodation checklist here:
http://www.hope.ac.uk/media/lifeatho...ist_200918.pdf

I hope this helps,
Tom
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi I'm actually wanting to come to Liverpool Hope uni .Do i need to bring evidence of my year 13 quals to enrolment as ucas sends them and if i do ( mainly as I'm travelling from the other end of the country and don't want to bring certs/slips) would a copy of my student records and unit grades be sufficient of i print it off when here. ( I do have an unconditional )
Hi,

That is great to hear :blow:

Would you mind giving us a private message? We can then get your details and check your application to see exactly what we need from you to bring in terms of your qualifications.

Looking forward to your message.

Kind Regards,
Tom :bird:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi thanks for the reply .
This may sound stupid but I'm a bit apprehensive on giving details to people ( personal issues ) is they any way you can check through these details.

Im a uk student , applied for business management
Had an unconditonal offer , told I need to get a certain amount of points otherwise I'm doing a foundation year as well . I study BTEC and a level so know results can be provided by ucas

Thank you sorry if that's not helpful I just don't feel comfortable giving details online or even through the phone.
Thank you for your help
Hi,

That is great to hear :blow:

Would you mind giving us a private message? We can then get your details and check your application to see exactly what we need from you to bring in terms of your qualifications.

Looking forward to your message.

Kind Regards,
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi thanks for the reply .
This may sound stupid but I'm a bit apprehensive on giving details to people ( personal issues ) is they any way you can check through these details.

Im a uk student , applied for business management
Had an unconditonal offer , told I need to get a certain amount of points otherwise I'm doing a foundation year as well . I study BTEC and a level so know results can be provided by ucas

Thank you sorry if that's not helpful I just don't feel comfortable giving details online or even through the phone.
Thank you for your help
Hi, :thumbsup:

I completely understand, but please be advised that if you did want to call us for any reason all of the conversations would be private and no information would be shared that you did not wish for.

If you are waiting until results day to gain your BTEC results for this year, then the results will go directly to our admissions team therefore you would not have to bring these in.

If you have your results now and want to be offered a place before our admissions get sent the results from your previous institution, then we would require to see a copy of these.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any more questions,

Anonymous #1
Okay thank you so as I want have a copy till November ucas sending my results will be sufficient ? Thank you for all your help.
Hi, :thumbsup:

I completely understand, but please be advised that if you did want to call us for any reason all of the conversations would be private and no information would be shared that you did not wish for.

If you are waiting until results day to gain your BTEC results for this year, then the results will go directly to our admissions team therefore you would not have to bring these in.

If you have your results now and want to be offered a place before our admissions get sent the results from your previous institution, then we would require to see a copy of these.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any more questions,

Anonymous #1
That's meant to say won't have a copy of my results till nov
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey! Yeah i wouldnt worry, i dont remember bringing mine! Im sure they will email you near to the time and let you know everything you need anyway
Sophia
Anonymous #1
Hey thank you . I don't really want to bring all certificates and results slips all this way anyway in case I lose them so hoping it will be okay without thank you for helping Sophia
(Original post by hallamstudents)
Hey! Yeah i wouldnt worry, i dont remember bringing mine! Im sure they will email you near to the time and let you know everything you need anyway
Sophia
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Okay thank you so as I want have a copy till November ucas sending my results will be sufficient ? Thank you for all your help.
Hi ,

Yeah this should be fine especially because you wont have a copy of your results until November, a month or so after the start of the course.

Tom :thumbsup:
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I packed every document and piece of information that was relevant - turned out I needed about one slip of paper, but, hey, better safe than sorry, I'd say!

Joshua
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
What did you need and thanks for the advice
(Original post by hallamstudents)
I packed every document and piece of information that was relevant - turned out I needed about one slip of paper, but, hey, better safe than sorry, I'd say!

Joshua
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (136)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.52%
No I am happy with my course choice (451)
58.8%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.95%

Watched Threads