university visits Watch

tvshowaddict2112
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I want to visit universities far away from home, especially liverpool hope university, but their open days aren't until the end of the year.

as they are far away it would cost a lot to visit and I wouldn't want to go all that way just for the day.

Any suggestions on what I can do?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can contact the university and arrange a visit outside of the normal open days. The problem is at the moment it is holidays so people may well be away. You could possibly try for a date in late September when the students return. You can visit any campus to have a look around at any time. The difficulty you will have is seeing accommodation and arranging to see the department. Making arrangements in advance will allow you to save on travel costs. Many universities let out their accommodation during the summer break. That is an option so you can see what the accommodation is like. If the costs are too great you could look for virtual campus tours or videos on google of the university. If you have more than 1 university in the area you could try tying the universities together and going on successive days.
(Original post by tvshowaddict2112)
I want to visit universities far away from home, especially liverpool hope university, but their open days aren't until the end of the year.

as they are far away it would cost a lot to visit and I wouldn't want to go all that way just for the day.

Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello!

Great to hear you want to come see our University!

When I was applying to Liverpool Hope for my undergraduate degree I also didn't have time to go to the open days as coming from Ireland it was difficult trying to find the time to come over.

We do have a virtual tour online, it shows you around our main campus on Hope and around our Creative campus during one of our open days. Its a great way to have an insight into the University if you can't make an open day! Here's the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4uI34t8Cmg :borat:

Also if you're worried about just coming for our open day, Liverpool is a great city for a family or friends weekend away, there are loads of activities to do such as walking along the docks, shopping in Liverpool One, Museums (The Beatles one as well :h:) and many other activities such as eating in one of the many restaurants or listening to musicians in bars.
Here's a link of the top 10 things to do in Liverpool https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attrac...e_England.html

I hope this helps in making your decision clearer, seeing the University is an important part of choosing which one to study at so having virtual tours online help to give you a taster to University life!

Best of Luck with your choices!

Ruth :zorro:
(Original post by tvshowaddict2112)

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.77%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.47%
No I am happy with my course choice (454)
58.88%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.88%

Watched Threads