The Student Room Group

Guy said that he loves me after 3 weeks dating?

I was seeing a guy for 3 weeks when I decided I did not want to date him because he was rushing things too much, acting like we're a couple already and even said he loved me so I told him we should be friends instead. He nearly started crying and left when I said this. When we spoke later so I could explain my decision I said that he had gotten too invested too soon (he was this way from the fourth date already when he cried because I doubted his intensions and he thought he had messed up and I was gonna "dump" him) and that I believe love takes time to grow and you cannot rush relationships either. He actually understood me and said that he could be wrong about loving me but that he wanted to tell me how strongly he feels and that he felt we connected from the first date already. He agreed to be friends and to be patient with me and he has been ever since. He is there if I need him but doesn't text me everyday or wants to see me everyday. When we meet he's very respectful and friendly.
I'm not sure how to see it but I do know that he has been lonley a lot and struggled to meet a woman who accepts him for whom he is or whom he feels a connection with.
Original post by Anonymous
I was seeing a guy for 3 weeks when I decided I did not want to date him because he was rushing things too much, acting like we're a couple already and even said he loved me so I told him we should be friends instead. He nearly started crying and left when I said this. When we spoke later so I could explain my decision I said that he had gotten too invested too soon (he was this way from the fourth date already when he cried because I doubted his intensions and he thought he had messed up and I was gonna "dump" him) and that I believe love takes time to grow and you cannot rush relationships either. He actually understood me and said that he could be wrong about loving me but that he wanted to tell me how strongly he feels and that he felt we connected from the first date already. He agreed to be friends and to be patient with me and he has been ever since. He is there if I need him but doesn't text me everyday or wants to see me everyday. When we meet he's very respectful and friendly.
I'm not sure how to see it but I do know that he has been lonley a lot and struggled to meet a woman who accepts him for whom he is or whom he feels a connection with.

How old are you both?
I would think almost certainly not although I can see he seems to have become attacked out of loneliness . He doesnt really know you imo. Some people say it a lot more readily than others because it means something different for them. I would find it offputting.
I think some people just get all flustered in the moment and really excited (in a romantic sense) and start saying things that they don't mean. I think it's definitely unlikely that he's literally in love with you. He's probably trying to find a way to express how he feels about you, though, admittedly, "I love you" is probably the worst way he could've thought of.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
How old are you both?
I would think almost certainly not although I can see he seems to have become attacked out of loneliness . He doesnt really know you imo. Some people say it a lot more readily than others because it means something different for them. I would find it offputting.

We are in our 20s. However he doesn't seem to have really been seriously involved with anyone and we're quite similar in some ways, maybe he hasn't met many people he's felt a connection like that with before.
I did find it offputting. I liked him more before he started getting so lovey-dovey so quickly.
I wouldn’t be surprised if someone said that to me after an hour.
We are in our 20s. However he doesn't seem to have really been seriously involved with anyone and we're quite similar in some ways, maybe he hasn't met many people he's felt a connection like that with before.
I did find it offputting. I liked him more before he started getting so lovey-dovey so quickly.

You could just give him a warning , ask him to take things slow and not say such things as they make you feel uncomfortable.
He either takes the hint or he doesnt and if you dump him then you know you gave him the chance but he was too dumb to take it.

It means different things to different people and sometimes people can say it out of obligation or because it gets them something or they have strange ideas about relationships.
hes a complete beta - RUUUUUUUUUN!!!
creep-o
Reply 8

Be careful about being emotionally blackmailed by an inexperienced needy guy!
Reply 9
hes a complete beta - RUUUUUUUUUN!!!

I don't know what that means. He's an odd person but so am I tbf.
I can't run now anyway because i've gotten myself too involved but we're just gonna be friends at least.
Original post by A Rolling Stone
creep-o

He comes off as creepy in some ways but he's also genuienly kind it seems and helpful towards people who need it.
Original post by mgi
Be careful about being emotionally blackmailed by an inexperienced needy guy!

Yeah. I can't be emotionally blackmailed I recognize emotional manipulation in 1 second and put an end to it. I believe he's already noticed that, he seems incredibly good at reading people too and i've made clear already what's okay and what's not.
but i think he lacks perspective and tact, which will materialise in more ways than that in the future, as you will soon see...
He comes off as creepy in some ways but he's also genuienly kind it seems and helpful towards people who need it.

Yeah. I can't be emotionally blackmailed I recognize emotional manipulation in 1 second and put an end to it. I believe he's already noticed that, he seems incredibly good at reading people too and i've made clear already what's okay and what's not.
I know after few minutes if I really like someone, or if I want this person to be my BF. I don’t quite understand how someone would not. So not too soon for me!
He fails to separate love from infatuation.
Reply 14
Original post by Hollyjadebum
I know after few minutes if I really like someone, or if I want this person to be my BF. I don’t quite understand how someone would not. So not too soon for me!

Yes true, but you used the word "like"! Liking someone or choosing to have them as your boyfriend is not the same as saying or meaning that you love them! Love is a completely diffrent kettle of fish! After 3 weeks? maybe- but not me!
Is he pisces
At least he's respecting your wishes, it is possible for someone to fall in love quickly I suppose.

Though if he finds it hard to meet people that might explain why he's quick to rush things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending