Chances of getting in through clearing 2019? Watch

Hubster888
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What are the chances I can get in through clearing? I predict my grades will be: Maths = C
Physics = D
Economics = C
I'm applying for computer science (But don't mind a foundation year).
The uni I'm looking into is either Swansea or Sussex. I would appreciate any good answers and stories if you've been in a similar situation.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi

I've done a quick search for you here, so you can have a look at some of the options currently in clearing:
https://digital.ucas.com/search/resu...s9_U9dioTCbtc1

It's very likely more courses will be available on results day.

If you can't see the courses you're currently interested in, it's always worth ringing the unis you've got in mind to see if they think they'll have spaces on results day and if they'll consider you!
Hubster888
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Hi

I've done a quick search for you here, so you can have a look at some of the options currently in clearing:
https://digital.ucas.com/search/resu...s9_U9dioTCbtc1

It's very likely more courses will be available on results day.

If you can't see the courses you're currently interested in, it's always worth ringing the unis you've got in mind to see if they think they'll have spaces on results day and if they'll consider you!
Just to be sure, I cant apply or secure a course until I get my A Level results even if the course is on the list? Or is there something I could to to help me get a place before my results.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hubster888)
Just to be sure, I cant apply or secure a course until I get my A Level results even if the course is on the list? Or is there something I could to to help me get a place before my results.
Offers given via clearing are always unconditional, so most unis will want to be sure of your results. However, there's nothing stopping you ringing unis now for a chat.

You can only add clearing choices if you're not holding any places currently.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The only thing you could do is to ask your current unis to release you, which would then leave you free to apply elsewhere. It's a risky thing to do though as you could be left with nothing.
学生の父
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did you apply through the main UCAS scheme, and are you holding any offers at the moment, Hubster888?

If so, the best thing would be for you to sit tight until 15 August. Who knows, your predictions may be short of the mark?

As for the BSc with foundation year, they're available through Clearing at Swansea Uni. No required grades are published as applications are dealt with on a case by case basis. Swansea invites you to register your interest in Clearing here: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/clearing/cl...-registration/
What are the chances I can get in through clearing? I predict my grades will be: Maths = C
Physics = D
Economics = C
The uni I'm looking into is either Swansea or Sussex. I would appreciate any good answers and stories if you've been in a similar situation.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Just tagging in Swansea University as they might be able to give you some advice too
Swansea University Enquiries
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey Hubster888,

So based on last years clearing it seems like you'd be borderline between being offered Computer Science or Comp Science with Foundation as long as you are around those results – particularly with Maths at C.

Have you registered for clearing at Swansea yet? If not check this link here: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/clearing/cl...-registration/ that way you can keep on top of the next steps.

Let me know if you need anything else

Beth
Physics = D
Economics = C
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads