?
Report 1 month ago
:K::lolwut:
The Mogg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't see the appeal but that's because I already have a switch, it is good as a cheap alternative for those who can't afford the price of the current switch. The inability to play 1 2 Switch without extra controllers isn't a huge deal, I don't know any avid players of 1 2 Switch myself...
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It looks super neat actually! It's basically the same approach that Nintendo took with the 2DS, with extreme childproofing :giggle:
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by barror1)
It looks super neat actually! It's basically the same approach that Nintendo took with the 2DS, with extreme childproofing :giggle:
It's such a call back to the Game Boy Advance :laugh:
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 8472)
It's such a call back to the Game Boy Advance :laugh:
But the SP was backlit, so idk how good an upgrade at was!
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's the price that's going to sell this over the original Switch, not the size. This is like when they launched the 3DS and 2DS, the original "main" console draws in the bulk of the sales from Nintendo's core audience, but leaves a large untapped market of people who won't buy it because they don't feel they'll play it enough or use all the features to warrant dropping the cash. This console boils down the Switch to its fundamentals and delivers it at a price point that many people who would have otherwise bought the Switch can now justify. Plus Pokémon is just around the corner, and there have been people willing to buy each generation of Nintendo consoles just for Pokémon ever since the Gameboy. If we start seeing sub-£200 bundles with a game included I think this will do very well.
PilboBaggins
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As I've already got a switch I don't think I'd bother with getting the lite... it does look pretty good though and a decent cheaper option for those who don't need/wouldn't use the docking station.
Lkathryn08
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As I own a switch already, I don’t see the point in getting one. I think it’s good for those people who only had like a 3ds or 2ds before and just want a cheaper device for portable gaming only.

It’s a good idea but not for me.
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I must say I do like the turqoise colour :yep:
lilTrain
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i dont have a switch and dont know much about it, but it seems like a lot of faffing about to set up (maybe not as much faff as PS4 VR lool) while the Lite seems pretty "clean" like a 3DS, so yh im getting the Lite
also am i the only one that laughed at the bit in the video where the astronaut is playing it?
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
false
(Original post by lilTrain)
i dont have a switch and dont know much about it, but it seems like a lot of faffing about to set up (maybe not as much faff as PS4 VR lool) while the Lite seems pretty "clean" like a 3DS, so yh im getting the Lite
also am i the only one that laughed at the bit in the video where the astronaut is playing it?
I'm not sure what faff you thought was involved with the original Switch? If you wanted to use it purely as a handheld like the Switch Lite, then after the first time you dock the controllers you never have to use it any other way again. It just had the option of playing it on a TV by plugging it into a dock and detaching the controller's from the sides.
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Their model going forward, the original will fade away and these smaller ones will be at the forefront going forward.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (137)
13.43%
Excited (93)
9.12%
Worried (192)
18.82%
Terrified (232)
22.75%
Meh (78)
7.65%
Confused (29)
2.84%