26M still sometimes wet the bed Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm 26 yo male,but I still wet the bed about one or two times a month, often when I do nightmares. I can feel urine come out, then wake up ,just to find a wet patch on my bed.
Sometimes my mom asks why there is a yellow patch on my bed.
I'm too embarrassed to tell anyone I still wet my bed as a 26 yo man.
Anyone else over 16 still the bed?
Any advice?
TeddyBear86
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey

It won’t be long. before she smells it and the situation arises which you don’t want to be in. Best thing is to speak to GP and find out the practicalities of what’s happening to see if there’s a physical reason or infection.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
have you tried going to the toilet before bed?
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I mean once or twice a month, doesn't sound like it's a physical problem. More like a psychological one especially since you get nightmares. Go to the GP and mention that nightmares happen during nocturnal enuresis. They may suggest desmopressin, but as it happens infrequently, it is important to mention any other factors, such as trauma or some type of MH.
Don't be embarrassed to tell a Doctor, they have definitely seen it before.
10inche adz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Fam i nut more than I pis

(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm 26 yo male,but I still wet the bed about one or two times a month, often when I do nightmares. I can feel urine come out, then wake up ,just to find a wet patch on my bed.
Any advice?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Any advice?
You should go to your GP for advice. As someone said above, it sounds psychological if you experience it with nightmares. There's help you can get for that.

As for cleaning it, wash your sheets straight away and to help clean up the stains, you can use a mix of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and water (find the amounts of each online) and gently dab it into the stain on your mattress over and over until it disappears. I've used this before (can also be used on blood stains, and most other stains tbh) and you can't even tell a stain was there to begin with!

With trying to prevent it happening, make sure you go to the loo right before you sleep (like a minute before you turn your light out) and try to reduce the amount of fluids you're consuming in say the 2 hours before you sleep. This should hopefully result in nothing happening! Good luck and I hope you can resolve it soon.
TeddyBear86
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
But it could signal another problems that are just starting..
but definitely make sure you get it checked out regardless as psychological can open up other problems you want in the future. It took my doctor over three years to work out that I have physical condition that wasn’t curable but because of anxiety they dismissed as part of “depression, “ related to being “a jobseeker,” when I wasn’t a jobseeker. That is called diagnostic overshadowing when current problems /conditions are considered the cause for everything else..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.94%
No I am happy with my course choice (488)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.49%

Watched Threads