IB Students: Has anyone received confirmation from universities yet? Watch

R.Murphy1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
As title, I was wondering if UCAS was being slow to update or something and will be ringing my firm choice tomorrow to check they have received my results as I know I have met their offer. I know some of my friends have received confirmation and some haven't.
Also if you have received confirmation, where will you be going and what course will you be studying?
Noufalsadoun383
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Same! I am also doing the IB and I still have not recieved anything from my uni's, I called them on monday tuesday and today, and they said they still have not recieved them yet, but I thought universities got IB results last friday but Im not sure.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Posting to watch the thread.

I'm also interested if any IB students are going through clearing and whether they're being told to wait until A Level results before confirmation of their clearing place.:beard:
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Noufalsadoun383)
Same! I am also doing the IB and I still have not recieved anything from my uni's, I called them on monday tuesday and today, and they said they still have not recieved them yet, but I thought universities got IB results last friday but Im not sure.
IB results should have been received by all universities by now. This is odd.
Noufalsadoun383
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I know, most of my classmates have been hearing back from their universities, I have yet to hear anything back!
debbner1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Finally received confirmation on UCAS Track.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I know, most of my classmates have been hearing back from their universities, I have yet to hear anything back!
Are you and them looking at the same universities or different ones?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Noufalsadoun383
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
No, different universities, but if they're hearing back from universities that means their universities got their grades, and mine should have gotten the grades too.
(Original post by 04MR17)
Are you and them looking at the same universities or different ones?
ANO-NI-MUS
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
No, different universities, but if they're hearing back from universities that means their universities got their grades, and mine should have gotten the grades too.
i think you should try contacting ucas
R.Murphy1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I think most universities are getting around to it now, definitely know Warwick, York, Kent, Leicester, Durham and Bristol are confirming/rejecting so the rest should hopefully do it soon. If you hear nothing by tomorrow I would definitely call
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Which institutions are you waiting on?
Noufalsadoun383
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Kingston University
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Kingston University , please could you advise this user?

Plenty of other universities have given confirmation to their applicants who've received IB results but this doesn't seem to be the case with you.
Kingston University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Kingston University , please could you advise this user?

Plenty of other universities have given confirmation to their applicants who've received IB results but this doesn't seem to be the case with you.
Thanks for the tag 04MR17! 😊

Noufalsadoun383, sorry for this delay. I will contact our team immediately to ask and will let you know as soon as I have a response. They may take some time to get back to me, so I would suggest you still ring them, incase you get an answer before me. 🤗

- KU rep and final year law student
Kingston University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi again Noufalsadoun383

I've got an answer for you.

If you have your IB results (do they come as paper*results?) you can send a scanned copy of the official results to the admissions team related to your course (for example if your course is in the Science, Engineering and Computing faculty, the email address is*[email protected]) .

If your course is not SEC, you can visit our website www.kingston.ac.uk to find the admissions email for the faculty you are applying to.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Kingston University)
Hi again Noufalsadoun383

I've got an answer for you.

If you have your IB results (do they come as paper*results?) you can send a scanned copy of the official results to the admissions team related to your course (for example if your course is in the Science, Engineering and Computing faculty, the email address is*[email protected]) .

If your course is not SEC, you can visit our website www.kingston.ac.uk to find the admissions email for the faculty you are applying to.
Forgive me, but does this mean the university hasn't, or isn't receiving these results from UCAS directly?
lucia62
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
UCAS has confirmed my place for my firm choice uni this Monday but I still haven't received any email from the university regarding what to do next such as CAS and student visa (I'm an international student). My friend got several emails from her uni immediately after her place is confirmed on UCAS, asking her about passport and student fee payments. Should I wait for a few more days or should I email them and ask?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (123)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.38%
No I am happy with my course choice (355)
56.44%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.63%

Watched Threads