What should I do with my A levels Watch

Billycatnorbert
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I would really love to take my love of physics as far as I can go (aiming for a PhD). But I also love music and am trying to some stuff in that. I want to leave music with a rich understanding of all musical techical... things to know as I enjoy (leisurely) DJ-ing on my iPad and computer and would like to become really good.
I’ve been told that to be accepted by a really good uni for continuation on my physics I should do Physics A-level and maths (obviously) and another science too instead of music A-level. But I would really like to do music.
I’m not amazingly smart and would most likely struggle with 4 A-levels.
What should I do?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Hammad(214508)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Music can be learnt anytime , A-Levels is mostly now . Music can also be done at Uni societies , or classes. So I wouldn't really do music now. Try 4, you can always drop tho
Deggs_14
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Stick with Maths, Further Maths and Physics. Your music interests sounds like a great hobby, of which there are SO MANY opportunities for music clubs and societies at university! Trust me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (123)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.38%
No I am happy with my course choice (355)
56.44%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.63%

Watched Threads