The Student Room Group

I work, study, feel dumb and scared that I won’t get my dream

In my A level I got C C C and I was shocked but relieved with them as I worked really hard as I could to gain them. My Nan asked me did so get an A? I didn’t, but it does make me feel pressured. I do practical and essay-based subjects such as art, media, and film. It is so hard to get a C for me as I revise and don’t even get any B’s out of it. I have the 7 weeks off and doing some stuff for each subject, but don’t feel like I am doing enough. For my future, I plan on doing design, such as for production/sets or just for the film/games industry in general , and the requirements at universities that open the gates to a good employment are BBC and I can just about get a solid C. A lot is and has gone on in my personal life and therefore don’t get the necessary privileges like some people would do. So this may affect me also. I feel like I’ll work hard and not make it (again). What do I do?
Original post by Ratchet Hoe
In my A level I got C C C and I was shocked but relieved with them as I worked really hard as I could to gain them. My Nan asked me did so get an A? I didn’t, but it does make me feel pressured. I do practical and essay-based subjects such as art, media, and film. It is so hard to get a C for me as I revise and don’t even get any B’s out of it. I have the 7 weeks off and doing some stuff for each subject, but don’t feel like I am doing enough. For my future, I plan on doing design, such as for production/sets or just for the film/games industry in general , and the requirements at universities that open the gates to a good employment are BBC and I can just about get a solid C. A lot is and has gone on in my personal life and therefore don’t get the necessary privileges like some people would do. So this may affect me also. I feel like I’ll work hard and not make it (again). What do I do?

apply for a foundation year?
Original post by claireestelle
apply for a foundation year?

I think at the university I plan on going to I will plan to apply for a BA course which I would rather do and a foundation course to back it up, maybe? But is a foundation year different or the same?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Ratchet Hoe
I think at the university I plan on going to I will plan to apply for a BA course which I would rather do and a foundation course to back it up, maybe? But is a foundation year different or the same?

foundation courses can be a bit different as they aren't integrated with a degree.
Original post by claireestelle
foundation courses can be a bit different as they aren't integrated with a degree.

Thank you!
I know but I guess it’s the worry of all that time going really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending