Waiting for therapy Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have bits of depression and anxiety, my GP referred me for 12 sessions of therapy but i’ve been waiting for 2 months and still struggling with my mental health, it’s particularly bad at night.

What should I do to help myself? I feel low sometimes
Oscarwetnwilde
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey! Am a fellow anxiety and depression sufferer, have been for 7 years

If you're 18 or older, i would 10/10 recommend asking for antidepressants, I started them (mertazapine) about 5 months ago and it has helped a lot, its one which helps you sleep also which was great!

If not, I would recommend trying to keep yourself busy. Try and go out and do things if you can, even just having a routine (sleeping/waking similar times) can help you feel better. Being out in the sun can also help a bit. Drink plenty of water and eat well, healthy body can help with a healthier mind! Remember things will get better! I thought they never would, 7 years of it it felt like it would never stop. It isn't 100% gone now, but i feel okay day to day now rather than depressed and it feels so so so much better, so try to keep positive x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (149)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.87%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.22%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.3%

Watched Threads