Speaking to a teacher. Watch

Amber_x03
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I have recently asked my teacher if we can have a chat alone at some point about me being stressed and overwhelmed. I’m going to speak to her on Friday and would like to mention a number of issues to her about home and school. I’ve got a few things that I’d like to speak to her about, to do with home but I’m really unsure whether she will keep it to herself or whether she will have to share the information with somebody else. What should I do? Has anyone got any personal experience with speaking to a teacher about personal issues, if so I’d really appreciate your advice. Thankyou.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It really does depend on the safeguarding regulations at your school. You could speak in hypotheticals: eg: "If somebody told you about (...) would you share the information?
Amber_x03
Rep:
?
Okay, thanks very much. I will speak to her about what she can keep to herself and not.
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Amber_x03)
Okay, thanks very much. I will speak to her about what she can keep to herself and not.
A teacher should warn you when you start talking about something they can't keep quiet about. Some things we are legally bound to pass on.
Amber_x03
Rep:
?
Right ok. Thankyou very much! Hopefully she will tell me if I start speaking about something she can’t keep to herself.
Skeletonclique21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey, i'm so sorry you're feeeling this way but i'm happy that you have a trused teacher that you feel hat you can confide in. usually the policy is that they only tell if they think you are a danger to yourself or others or if you or someone else is in danger. maybe clarify that with them before hand? I really hope this goes well for you, thinking of you. let us know how it goes! though i may not reply fast as its summer for me atm
Amber_x03
Rep:
?
I’m glad I’ve confided in somebody too because I wasn’t going to but my friend has been telling me too for ages!! My life isn’t in danger, neither is anybody else so I’m sure it shouldn’t be an issue. I will have to speak to her before hand to check what the “policy” is etc. Thankyou so much for what you’ve said, it has really helped! I will be sure to let you know how it goes 😬
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?