School attendance Watch

Livvyblah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am in 6th form. I have a attendance of 80-85% and I'm doing my work experience in the school. I missed one day of my work experience because I something I couldn't help (no electricity, no alarm, no gas/warm water). I am getting called to the head of year 12 office and she says its unacceptable and to have a meeting as soon as I get in school. Do you think I'm in a lot of trouble or? What's your opinion. Has this happened to anybody else?
(my absences are caused from illness and my anxiety & depression. Sometimes I feel like I can't deal with the day, I do try to go though and regret it when I cant)
Skeletonclique21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
do your school know the reasons of your absences? it's policy and they may be more concerned and it's routine for them to call for a meeting when you get to a certain stage. see this as a helping hand, explain to them. i;m not sure if you are in trouble, it depends on what your school is like but hopefully it all goes well
Livvyblah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you! My school can be very leaniant but randomly strict. I will discuss the reason for my absences.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Skeletonclique21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i think as long as they know it's not you just being lazy and staying home, they may be able to provide extra support? i'm unsure but i know my friend took a lot of absence for a health condition and they did a similar thing and ended up supporting her instead of shouting
(Original post by Livvyblah)
Thank you! My school can be very leaniant but randomly strict. I will discuss the reason for my absences.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.54%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.11%

Watched Threads