Chemistry predicted grades?! Watch

apspirei
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I was less than 0.5% away from getting a B overall for my chemistry mock (would've been AS in the past). So I got a C overall. the specimen paper mock was so difficult... got an A in paper 2 and a D in pape 1, but i did so much better in mocks from actual AS papers at home when revising. Teachers are predicting a grade above what we achieved in our mocks for our A levels so my teacher has predicted me at a B. I know this is still good but i'm predicted A* A in my other subjects and I was thinking of applying to AAA or A*AA unis. I know I will work so much harder next year. Do you think it's possible for me to get an A in the real chemistry A level?
jessblackburn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Absolutely! You were so close to a B, and its said that students typically do a grade better in A Level. This is typically because in year 13 students tend to kick start their studying.
Good luck when it comes to the final exam!
Skeletonclique21
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
omg... i had to check that i didn't post this myself. I just finished a level chemistry and i was in EXACTLY the same position!!! that's actually mental, the figures were the same, the grades everything i'm creeped out lol.

i fought my case because i had evidence that i previously was higher achieving throughout the year and then also i got an A on a mock i sat in college after that in september. fight your case, you have nothing to lose. my teachers never believed in me, and whilst i'm unsure if i have got an A, i have worked harder than they thought possible and im hoping to prove them wrong.

if you work for it and you believe in yourself, don't let anyone put you down, you can do it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (357)
56.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.67%

Watched Threads