Going from a level to btec Watch

H1.n_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I do a level physics, maths and computer science I got a E in physics on the end of year exams so I’ve been recommended to drop a level physics and pick up btec science instead. I want to do something related to programming so I’m thinking of taking the apprenticeship route, can anyone give me tips about btec science?
Emma603xxxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I do the btec national certificate in level 3 applied science at sixth form. You do 2 coursework units and 2 exam units. If you want to do programming I wold suggest maths, further maths or ict. Personally I think dont take Btec science as the units I am studying are nothing to do with programming
(Original post by H1.n_)
I do a level physics, maths and computer science I got a E in physics on the end of year exams so I’ve been recommended to drop a level physics and pick up btec science instead. I want to do something related to programming so I’m thinking of taking the apprenticeship route, can anyone give me tips about btec science?
H1n
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 hours ago
(Original post by Emma603xxxx)
I do the btec national certificate in level 3 applied science at sixth form. You do 2 coursework units and 2 exam units. If you want to do programming I wold suggest maths, further maths or ict. Personally I think dont take Btec science as the units I am studying are nothing to do with programming
I currently do maths and computer science but I just need enough ucas points :/
Xarao
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 hours ago
Your post makes no sense at all.

You want to do programming yet you ask for tips on BTEC science? What?
Jackudy3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 hours ago
(Original post by Xarao)
Your post makes no sense at all.

You want to do programming yet you ask for tips on BTEC science? What?
This is why he is switching to BTEC.
Emma603xxxx
Rep:
?
Report 5 hours ago
(Original post by H1n)
I currently do maths and computer science but I just need enough ucas points :/
If you have the chance to do an EPQ do it that earns you some ucas points. Also see what else you can do for extra credit like essays or summer schools that can get you some more ucas points. Good luck with everything though!!
Emma603xxxx
Rep:
?
Report 5 hours ago
Also, check on the internet for any online courses or online certificates that might earn you some more ucas points and that may also look good on your cv e.g a sign language qualification.
Xarao
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 hours ago
(Original post by Jackudy3)
This is why he is switching to BTEC.
???

This just adds to the confusion. He says he wants to take the apprenticeship route first of all when he's talking about BTEC. Secondly he talks about BTEC science when he wants to learn about programming. Like what?
Jackudy3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 hours ago
(Original post by Xarao)
???

This just adds to the confusion. He says he wants to take the apprenticeship route first of all when he's talking about BTEC. Secondly he talks about BTEC science when he wants to learn about programming. Like what?
Er...
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (357)
56.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.67%

Watched Threads