Tamzincovell01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hiya, I’m coming to the end of year 12 so starting my coursework. I’m trying to decide a question and needed some help!
The book I’m doing is George Orwell’s 1984 and I think I’m gonna compare it to it can’t happen here
I want it to be quite political/sociological so any question ideas that would involve that would be ideal!
Thanks in advance
BenParker331
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey Tamzin, If you need any help at all regarding your coursework or anything at all. Just reply me here or send me a personal message and I'll assist you in every way possible. I am affordable at my pricing Don't worry!
(Original post by Tamzincovell01)
Hiya, I’m coming to the end of year 12 so starting my coursework. I’m trying to decide a question and needed some help!
The book I’m doing is George Orwell’s 1984 and I think I’m gonna compare it to it can’t happen here
I want it to be quite political/sociological so any question ideas that would involve that would be ideal!
Thanks in advance
BogdanK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
One interesting string of thought to pursue is the idea of religion and how it’s incorporated, in a secular way. You could consider how, in many ways, the ministries have replaced the church and have provided the same image of almost juxtaposed grandeur and elevation. A friend of mine did his analysis on how the church of the Middle Ages compares to the secular religion imposed in 1984. In both the complete disconnect between real living conditions and the “religious” institution creates a dynamic wherein people feel themselves too wretched to question authority. A great text to read if you plan on taking a sociological edge (which might work well synthesized with a religious perspective) is August Comte - a french sociologist who thought at length about the application of religion to secular society. It would be a very interesting take. Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?