Progesterone only pill and bleeding Watch

Tiakate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've been on the progestrone only pill for 2 months now. I got told to take it a week after my period for contraception purposes. Since taking it when I got my period it was super heavy and lasted 10 days. It stopped for a few days and now I'm constantly spotting/bleeding. I've been like this for around 3-4 weeks now. I want to do stuff with my boyfriend but obviously cant and it really frustrating me. Will this stop and has anyone else had this problem? If so what was your outcome
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tiakate)
I've been on the progestrone only pill for 2 months now. I got told to take it a week after my period for contraception purposes. Since taking it when I got my period it was super heavy and lasted 10 days. It stopped for a few days and now I'm constantly spotting/bleeding. I've been like this for around 3-4 weeks now. I want to do stuff with my boyfriend but obviously cant and it really frustrating me. Will this stop and has anyone else had this problem? If so what was your outcome
You can still do sexy stuff when you're bleeding. Just have a towel nearby. It can take a while for your body to settle down with a new pill. Give it another month and if it's still like this, then go back to your GP and maybe there's another pill you can try.
L4ur41996
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m on a progesterone only pill too! It took a while for my body to adjust - at one point I had bleeding for 2 months 😫 but after that it settled and stopped completely and haven’t had any again since 💁🏻*♀️ It really does vary from person to person
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads