why are there so many contradictions in this world?? Watch

Seepbrook
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
they say that looks don't matter - but they clearly do
they tell you to keep your head in the books - yet they end up hiring the biggest idiots
men say they prefer au natural - but then end up dating women plastered in make up
they say they don't like brash, bishhy women - yet those are the type they seem the most loyal to
they say violence is never the answer - yet if you answer with violence it usually gets more results that when you just ignore it
you seem to get more respect too when you're someone who fights back than someone who allows yourself to be beaten
they say that bullies don't get anywhere - yet many of the top bosses are the biggest bullies
they say idiots are never rewarded - yet look at all the successful youtubers out there, literally making millions from behaving like idiots on camera!
they say good manners are respected - yet its the celebs who behave like disrespectful little sh its on camera who are highly respected for being 'real'

I bloody hate it!

no wonder millenials are the way they are, its true i've seen it in my own actions too. when i was polite, well mannered, good to people and lived by the rules i was ignored and walked all over as soon as i behaved like a stuck up, rude little bishh, guess what - i went places!

lesson learned to all of you listening - whatever people tell you now, it means they actually want the complete opposite from you!
so please, do not be a doormat to anyone any longer

anyone getting bullied - fight back and hit back hard!
anyone being bishhed about - bishh back!
if your mans tells you to cover up more - do the opposite!

seriously man, just give up listening. they are all full of sh it!

rant over
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you're not seeing the nuance.

e.g. 'they tell you to keep your head in the books - yet they end up hiring the biggest idiots.' the biggest idiots will have kept their heads in the books at some point in their life to get into their career path, even if they appear to be complete idiots. e.g. consider middle managers who don't exactly have the best reputation for being smart yet most of them will have studied for a degree or they will have at-least done a-levels. but note that, according to the Peter principle, there exists a tendency in most organizational hierarchies, such as that of a corporation, is for every employee to rise in the hierarchy through promotion until they reach a level of respective incompetence. [wikipedia].
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
'they say idiots are never rewarded - yet look at all the successful youtubers out there, literally making millions from behaving like idiots on camera!' - those you tubers were at the right place at the right time when the algorithm was in their favour. lots of the popular youtubers wouldn't be popular if they started today. the principle being in the right place at the right time is often a precondition for success in many areas of life.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Seepbrook)
...lesson learned to all of you listening - whatever people tell you now, it means they actually want the complete opposite from you!
so please, do not be a doormat to anyone any longer...
I will start by disagreeing to this thread title.

Just joking, I agree 100%
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Kind of agree, not about to turn the other cheek too, nothing wrong about standing up for yourself
Last edited by BlueIndigoViolet; 1 week ago
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There are only around 3 points repeated in the OP and they're pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things (the world). This thread sounds a bit personal too, can't just generalise the world and its people like that based on your own subjective experience.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
But at least you've scored a moral victory
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Morality is overrated

Spoiler:
Show
jk
vix.xvi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
the only constant in the world is 'change'....lmao dunno if this helps
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Seepbrook)
they tell you to keep your head in the books - yet they end up hiring the biggest idiots
I felt that one pretty hard

a company I used to work for rejected my job application the first three times because at that time i was still at uni and they wanted a graduate and when i tried to argue my case they made a big deal on being educated. i finally land a job with them and the amount of times several managers sent emails to us full of spelling mistakes that even children don't make made my ****ing blood boil! education my ass but then they hire complete morons?!
Ben878 (LfL)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I feel some of your points are a little out of proportion, IE
-Yes, looks matter. However, that meaning of that phrase is more that it does not (or should not) determine the fullness of relationships and/or life
-Not every guy goes after women plastered in makeup. I never get this misplaced view - it's kinda like saying girls only go for guys with big muscles - not true
-I don't think idiots are rewarded better than others. We have a larger perspective of how great a reward is to someone than how a person really experiences that reward

The employment one I do agree with though

There was a story of a young man who dwelled, and dwelled on that he wasn't 'hard' enough of a man…too good, too soft, too small .So, like many in history, he let this twist him into a cruel, soulless, jealous and vicious creature. He was hard in the end, certainly. But, was it worth it?

It's okay to be really nice / be selfless. I think just be self aware on the context of the situation to what you do and say. In the right situations, by your own will you can have integrity or humility. Isn't that amazing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.94%
No I am happy with my course choice (488)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.49%

Watched Threads