Uni choices Watch

JallenAMDG
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi guys just wanted some of your thoughts on these universities for an LLB course and the town:

University of Lincoln
Oxford Brookes
University of Reading
University of Salford
Royal Holloway

These are some places I'd like to study at but Brookes and Salford are safety choices.
Mocks didn't go so well as my teachers previously suggested I applied for KCL and Bristol but they seem out of reach for 2020 enrolment. Possibly will get ABB so places like Manchester may offer on contextual (my high school and Sixth form is terrible) but most likely BBB or BBC. I may be completely wrong about contextual offers as this we're just getting into the process of applying (I've almost finished year 12).

Thanks guysssss
Bluebells602003
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The only one of these unis i know about is Lincoln (been to open day) and it was great. Everything nearby - train / bus station shops and lovely uni. I drove passed Oxford Brooke’s but wasn’t impressed with area or uni. The others I don’t know much about.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try and go to the best university you can. Most universities are accepting far lower grades than published. As an example Exeter accepted 7 students for Law with ABC last year, Bristol took students in with ABB and Leicester lower grades. The problem with Bristol is you would have to take LNAT as well as A levels. I would have thought you could stretch yourself higher than these. You could apply to one of Exeter or Southampton as your aspirational choice with possibly Reading, Kent Lancaster, Leicester, East Anglia or Sussex as your other choices and maybe Lincoln or Swansea as your insurance choice. Even if you get rejected it is likely the others that you have mentioned will be in clearing.
https://www.bristol.ac.uk/media-libr...-cycle.pdf.pdf
(Original post by JallenAMDG)
Hi guys just wanted some of your thoughts on these universities for an LLB course and the town:

University of Lincoln
Oxford Brookes
University of Reading
University of Salford
Royal Holloway

These are some places I'd like to study at but Brookes and Salford are safety choices.
Mocks didn't go so well as my teachers previously suggested I applied for KCL and Bristol but they seem out of reach for 2020 enrolment. Possibly will get ABB so places like Manchester may offer on contextual (my high school and Sixth form is terrible) but most likely BBB or BBC. I may be completely wrong about contextual offers as this we're just getting into the process of applying (I've almost finished year 12).

Thanks guysssss
JallenAMDG
Rep:
?
Bluebells602003 thanks. Will definitely look at Lincoln then.
JallenAMDG
Rep:
?
swanseajack1 thanks for your reply. That's really interesting that Uni's will accept ABC despite publishing as AAA. I could've made a huge mistake applying to some of the unis I mentioned. So do you reckon the Unis like Exeter and Leicester would offer me a place with my predicted grades being BBC?
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I doubt Exeter will go that low and I dont think they are in clearing for Law. I have copied in a couple of Law experts on here who have asked for the actual grades students got in to each university by the freedom of information act so hold more information and asked them to reply to you. From memory I believe Leicester accepted those grades.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have had a reply from one of the experts who has suggested you look at East Anglia or Liverpool.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Exeter aren't in Clearing for Law at the main campus (apart from for International students), but at the Penryn campus they are accepting BBB for their LLB Law with Business course
Last edited by harrysbar; 6 days ago
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=28
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6028740
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads