In a bit of a rut Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Long story short I got physically unwell a few years back and I haven't recovered physically since. My mental health has taken a hit more so now than ever. I think I've always had a distraction day to day but I don't have much going on at the moment - I have a lot of free time and I just find myself overthinking things/kind of thinking myself into sadness sometimes.

I'm ready to make the moves to try and move out of this space but i'm finding it difficult. I've pushed a lot of friends away and I know I need to rebuild those relationships too. But where do I begin with everything in general? Just feels like a rut.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Long story short I got physically unwell a few years back and I haven't recovered physically since. My mental health has taken a hit more so now than ever. I think I've always had a distraction day to day but I don't have much going on at the moment - I have a lot of free time and I just find myself overthinking things/kind of thinking myself into sadness sometimes.

I'm ready to make the moves to try and move out of this space but i'm finding it difficult. I've pushed a lot of friends away and I know I need to rebuild those relationships too. But where do I begin with everything in general? Just feels like a rut.
Start with one thing at a time. Reach out to one friend to rebuild that friendship. Do you have a job / are you able to work? Do you have any hobbies you had previously or would like to pick up? It can all feel very overwhelming trying to do everything at once, so just focus on one thing at a time and it'll gradually work out.
Lizzm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I can totally relate to you. It is so difficult when you get into the dark hole to get back out there. Have you got any family or a close friend around you? Maybe if you feel up to it look for a support group or a hobby group in your area. I found volunteering helped me but you have to get to that point of leaving the house and bringing yourself to talk to someone. I am not a massive fan of social media or facebook but I live with Chronic migraine. I have joined a support group on there sometimes its nice to speak to people who understand what you are going through. It makes you feel like you are not alone, you will get there it just takes time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (153)
17.81%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.73%
No I am happy with my course choice (507)
59.02%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (124)
14.44%

Watched Threads