Home-Study UCAS application Watch

pontifexmaximus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello,

I am currently self studying a maths a level and will be taking the exams this coming academic year. As I am self studying I have no one to give me a predicted grade. Can I still say that I am studying maths a level on my UCAS application even with no predicted grade?
If not, and I have to apply without it, once I have my A level results, would I be able to go through clearing with the results?

Sorry for the long question
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pontifexmaximus)
Hello,

I am currently self studying a maths a level and will be taking the exams this coming academic year. As I am self studying I have no one to give me a predicted grade. Can I still say that I am studying maths a level on my UCAS application even with no predicted grade?
If not, and I have to apply without it, once I have my A level results, would I be able to go through clearing with the results?

Yes but you still need a reference and your referee can give the grade or sometimes exam centres.
You can use clearing when you are on the ucas system and you hold no offers plus have none outstanding.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've moved this thread to the general applications area
Hello,

SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello,

You MUST list all qualifications you're sitting on your UCAS application- otherwise it is considered fraudulent and your offers can be withdrawn at any time.
You will need a reference, ideally from someone able to speak to your general academic ability.
Some unis will accept an application without predicted grades- you'd need to contact them in advance about this. However, not all will, so you'd be limiting your choices.
You can apply through clearing if you don't have any offers, but unis can only give unconditional offers in clearing so most unis will want you to already have your grades. It can be difficult/stressful to find a place you're happy with on results day.

The easiest solution is probably to find a referee willing to give a prediction e.g. hire a tutor who can provide a reference and a predicted grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads