Clearing Dilemma Watch

anzoceo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm trying to make a list of universities before I undoubtedly go through clearing on results day.

Other than league table rankings, what other factors should I weigh in? Don't say "just go to the unis you like the most" because it's hard to tell without experiencing it.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anzoceo)
I'm trying to make a list of universities before I undoubtedly go through clearing on results day.

Other than league table rankings, what other factors should I weigh in? Don't say "just go to the unis you like the most" because it's hard to tell without experiencing it.
If you've visited any universities apart from your firm or insurance then maybe think about those?

If you'd prefer to stay within the same area/region have you looked at institutions locally or within a certain radius?

Campus or city?

What course are you looking for?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

If you give us some idea about your firm/insurance universities and the course you're interested in then people on TSR might have suggestions of similar universities to look at.
anzoceo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Firm - Warwick
Insurance - QMUL
Subject - Chemistry
(Original post by PQ)
If you give us some idea about your firm/insurance universities and the course you're interested in then people on TSR might have suggestions of similar universities to look at.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Firm - Warwick
Insurance - QMUL
Subject - Chemistry
CheeseIsVeg may be able to help.

Have a look at Southampton and Liverpool for starters.
Do you plan on staying in the South of England particularly or is that a coincidence from your uni choices at the moment?
anzoceo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I've looked at Southampton, I plan on calling them up.
Coincidence I guess, anywhere in England is fine with me.

I'm big on campus unis and the so called 'bubble feeling'. Feel like changing it up since I've been living in London my whole life. Doesn't mean that I want to live in a farm though, I still would like some sort of night life. As long as it has that and it's a decent ranked uni i'm all for it.

(Original post by 04MR17)
CheeseIsVeg may be able to help.

Have a look at Southampton and Liverpool for starters.
Do you plan on staying in the South of England particularly or is that a coincidence from your uni choices at the moment?
2childmum!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I looked at Surrey with my DD for chemistry and really liked it there - very friendly staff, and a nice campus but close to the town and station too.

Southampton and Liverpool have higher entry requirements than QMUL. Surrey is a little lower.

Have you looked at the list of unis which still have places for chemistry?

https://digital.ucas.com/search/resu...i&pageNumber=1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads