clearing self release question ucas extra Watch

BonBon2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
is it possible to use clearing self releases if you got an offer from ucas extra? which you accepted? or would you not be eligible for clearing once you accepted a ucas extra offer
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by BonBon2)
is it possible to use clearing self releases if you got an offer from ucas extra? which you accepted? or would you not be eligible for clearing once you accepted a ucas extra offer
You will be eligible for clearing if you've used extra. Extra has finished now and we're into clearing period. The clearing button will show for anyone whose status is Unconditional Firm. This status usually happens once results are in, and includes offers made through UCAS extra.
BonBon2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
You will be eligible for clearing if you've used extra. Extra has finished now and we're into clearing period. The clearing button will show for anyone whose status is Unconditional Firm. This status usually happens once results are in, and includes offers made through UCAS extra.
i still have a deadline of 18th of july to reply to extra offer. but it is a conditional second year transfer. If i were to change my mind after accepting this course. Would i get the clearing self release button? im guessing its not possible as you said . So the only way to release myself into clearing would be to call the university ?
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
i still have a deadline of 18th of july to reply to extra offer. but it is a conditional second year transfer. If i were to change my mind after accepting this course. Would i get the clearing self release button? im guessing its not possible as you said . So the only way to release myself into clearing would be to call the university ?
You will get the clearing button once you've met the conditions of your offer.
What is it that makes your offer conditional?
BonBon2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
You will get the clearing button once you've met the conditions of your offer.
What is it that makes your offer conditional?
AB in two a level subjects and a 2:1
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
AB in two a level subjects and a 2:1
So you're waiting on A Level results or 2:1 degree results? (or both?)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
BonBon2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
So you're waiting on A Level results or 2:1 degree results? (or both?)
both, will get my degee results first
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
both, will get my degee results first
Brilliant. Then the self-release or "put me into clearing" button will appear for you on A Level results day.
BonBon2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Brilliant. Then the self-release or "put me into clearing" button will appear for you on A Level results day.
thats perfect cheers. But are you 100% sure this is the case and is there any delay in releasing me into clearing?
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
thats perfect cheers. But are you 100% sure this is the case and is there any delay in releasing me into clearing?
Certain. Man from UCAS told me himself two weeks ago, he was called Alan. No delay to my knowledge.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Whilst everything 04MR17 has said is true, I just wanted to make sure you're aware that unis are relatively unlikely to offer second year places in clearing- it's a very busy time and the priority for most unis will be filling their available first year places.

If you mean that you'd give up your current second year place for a first year place at another uni, then that's fine and you'll be able to decline your place like everyone else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.01%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.87%
No I am happy with my course choice (393)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (97)
14.08%

Watched Threads